• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I asked my Good Friend, Don, to paint a Figure....

Rhino

Super Moderator
I asked my good friend Don to paint a figure of Feldmarschall Rommel for me.
IMG_0835.JPG

Given his big heart, and wonderous model skillset, a 21st Panzer, Panzer III grew out of Herr Rommel's back pockets!
IMG_0836.JPG

Not just a Tank, but 4 other figures as well!
IMG_0837.JPG

Maps, P/E shoulder boards, Lots of Ausgezeighnetter sorgen! Notice the signature leaking hub seal!
IMG_0838.JPG

North Afrika, 1942.
IMG_0840.JPG

I never did one special thing, except take care of my Treasured Friend, as befits his unique personality! Nifty, Huh?

Don (Brummbar) gave my Sweetheart, Rachel, A Tiger I dio. Taking the Tiger for a stroll. Her's is bigger,but Mine Has Rommel!! Pict's coming soon!

Shalom.

If those figures are the Master Box figures set then Alexander at Master Box would love to see those images. Master Box has a Dioramas section wherein people can pot their work if it's Master Box based.

Cheers from Peter

My wish is not to embarrass my talented, humble friend, as I fear I may have. :smack Only to display some more of his completed ARMOR. Here are pictures of "Taking the Tiger for a Walk" that was presented to my Sweetheart, Rachel.
RRS_Tiger_1_1.JPG

I've made a few models for Veterans & friends, and I have found the only thing sweeter than completing a kit........
RRS_Tiger_1_2.JPG

...is the expression a Sailor, or an Airplane Driver makes,
RRS_Tiger_1_3.JPG

When a model is presented.
RRS_Tiger_1_4.JPG

True, Rachel's tank is BIGGER! Mine has Herr Feldmarschall!! Both are treasured in our homes.
RRS_Tiger_1_5.JPG

:yipee :coolio

In an addition on Mr. Barry's generosity, I have another story to share.

h8cf9a37.JPG

First, please excuse my speedy fingers. I took my new Christmas coffee cup present for Her shake-down today. 2 of these vessels filled with hot, strong, coffee on a soggy Saturday represents as many as 15 trips to the Head!

A guy I work with at Bussanmus comes to us late of the US Army. Mathias served as an Abrams driver, loader, and finally as Gunner (The REAL commander of the Track). We spent most of a recent day working together, so without truly interrogating Mathias, I learned a little about his Service.
Don built a diorama many local model enthusiasts have seen in shows, circa 1993 and on depicting and Abrams driving past a well and truly blowed-up Iraqi BMP-3. As you can see, USAF Thunderbolt II's are responsible for this damage, as the 120mm cannon of the M1A1 would have passed right through the light skin of the amphibious Soviet built APC.
Tamiya's 1/35 Abrams in desert paint, and DML's BMP-3 wth extensively scratch-built, exploded, burned interior are represented here.
Having been in storage for quite a while there were a few repairs needed to make Don's cool Dio ready to present to an honored Veteran.

NOBODY with the amount of coffee I drank this day should EVER work on a Model! :ro: :gogo :silly:

h7965f3a.JPG

h9fb6acf.JPG

h5bbc0a6.JPG

h4b55fe1.JPG

hd0dabb7.JPG

It is unusual for me to have this sized project in my model space. I did my silly best to take a few pictures to show you fellows. As CEO of Sea N' Sky, I am grateful to Don Barry for his donation in our efforts to honor our underappreciated Veterans in this part of the Midwest.

Thanks for looking in!
:eek:ldguy :pilot :salute

Thanks Frank!
Someday I'll run across an Army Aviation Vet and you can join in the fun as well!
I'll bet Bob Steinbrunn has a model of his Huey already.

Thanks Paul!
Another of our model friends recently changed hobbies. He was gonna throw away all of his models, paints tools & supplies. Our "Giant" took it upon himself to rescue much of Steve's stuff and distributed it among our Plastic Surgeons band. Man's got a heart as big as all outdoors. The Barry's live simply, but Don is always thinking of his Fellows.

I always thought the WWI German A7V tank was cool. Big. Menacing, but slow. It's gonna blow you up, but you have all afternoon to figure out what to do before it gets to you.
Until recently no really nice 1/35 kit could be had. Don bequeathed me Steve's. On a cool base, with a lexan cover. 5 figures and mud. A work of art!
I don't have to buy an A7V kit or wonder when it will be built anymore! :yipee
:notworthy (y) :drinks

I had the privilege of presenting Don's M1A1 Abrams/BMP-3 diorama to Mathias this morning.

h5584a84.JPG

Not a man of many words, US Army Vet Mathias said it was cool, thank you, and gave me good solid handshake.
He seemed pleased and very surprised.
As Sea N' Sky's chief executive officer, I was well pleased to do our small part. Honor is a big deal to me.

Thanks for looking in!
:salute :soldier

It isn't just me. Don Barry and 4 Other people serve on Sea N' Sky's board of directors. (You know who you are!) :gogo
It seems I am fortunate enough to encounter Servicemen & Women here at home more often than most.
I explained to US Navy veteran, Taylor that he was not being upstaged by The Army. The Desert Storm diorama was done way before I chanced upon Mr. Morris.

His Italeri USS Carl Vinson model will build this year.
I'm still tracking down the proper decals for the 2011 air group. Hornets, Hummers, Prowlers, and Seahawks.
Maybe just one out-of-place Tomcat. :hmmm

Back