• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Armor in May

Duke Maddog

After a few days of working in the Hobby Room, I finally managed to finish five more models. These are my armor models I finished this month.

We'll start with the light stuff first. My Italians took delivery of two vehicles.

This is the 1/72 scale ACE Trattore Autocarro Sahariano AS.37:

Italian_Trattore_Autocarro_Sahariano_AS-37_I.jpg

Italian_Trattore_Autocarro_Sahariano_AS-37_II.jpg

Italian_Trattore_Autocarro_Sahariano_AS-37_III.jpg

I apologize if this is a bit out of focus. The camera had some difficulty trying to focus on such a small model.

This one is the 1/72 scale ACE B-1 Centauro "wheeled tank":

Italian_B-1_Centauro_I.jpg

Italian_B-1_Centauro_II.jpg

Italian_B-1_Centauro_III.jpg

When I was putting away the instruction sheet for this, I glanced through it again to see if I missed something. I'm glad I did as there are two machine guns that go up top. I promptly got them mounted to the turret:

Italian_B-1_Centauro_IV.jpg

Oh yeah, that looks much better.

Next, my Syrians took delivery of a couple 1/72 scale ACE Hell Cannons:

Syrian_Hell_Cannons.jpg

I apologize if these are a bit out of focus as well. The camera had some difficulty trying to focus on such a small model.

The US Army then took delivery of the 1/72 scale ACE V-100 armored car:

US_Army_V-100_Armored_Car_I.jpg

US_Army_V-100_Armored_Car_II.jpg

US_Army_V-100_Armored_Car_III.jpg

And finally for the heavy metal! My British Army took delivery of a new 1/72 scale ACE Centurion Mk.3

British_Centurion_Mk_3_I.jpg

British_Centurion_Mk_3_II.jpg

British_Centurion_Mk_3_III.jpg

And that's all I have for now. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

(y)
wow Duke your really finishing a lot of kits.
Nice work.

Ian.

Thanks Ian! I have so many going, I need to clear some space. I'll be expanding beyond armor next.

You always manage to come up with something new that I have never heard of Mark! They all look good!

(y) (y)

Thanks Paul! Sometimes it's tough to find models of vehicles/aircraft/ships that are different than all the usual stuff I've built already, sometimes in multitudes. I appreciate the compliments!

Thanks Adam! My various commanders are thrilled with their new additions. LOL!

Eric, thanks! Indeed it was! I would have loved to have finished a couple more, but this is a good result.

Thanks Bruce! I also love that Centauro; I've wanted one for so long! I so appreciate ACE for coming through with one.

Mark, I just got back in, and I must say, You have been a very busy person since I was last on. I like all of your Armor projects, but one in particular, the V-100 is very appealing. Where did you get the kit and how did you do the MP markings on the Hull sides. I was in the Air Force Security Police when I was in from 1971-74 and I know they used the V-100 over there for Flightline security. That might be something of interest to me as well.
You did an admirable job on all of those. Congrats man.

Dave

Thanks Dave! I have been fairly busy, trying hard to get more work done. The V-100 is an ACE kit; one of their new "digital design" kits. I actually bought mine through our small scale purchasing group but you can find them on E-bay in the ModelsUA store. I think a couple local shops also stock it. Being a fairly new kit it should still be available. The Military Police markings on the hull sides are decals that came with it. They have three versions of police vehicles to choose from.

Thank you for your service Dave. And thanks again for posting with your personal experience. It makes building these little miniatures more poignant when I know someone who was around them or used them.

I didn't actually use them, I just happened to see pix of them in Vietnam. I was in, but notover there during my time. I did hear from some guys that knew of them over there. I've got a couple books that i believe had some pix. I'll have to looks myself. Do you thing that Squadron might have that kit in inventory. I'm thinking of checking them out.

Dave

Great looking models ….. I need to clear space myself ….. I ran out of room to work …. been lots of things happening around the H2O ….. We lost half of a shed to a micro-downburst ….. I was cleaning that and had it repaired so, half was still there …. and another one came and ripped it the rest of the way …. I did find some things I was working on …. Carry on My friend …. :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Dave, they might. I don't know how much ACE is carried by Squadron. I do know the best prices are at ModelsUA on E-bay and he always has ACE kits. Do a search at Squadron and see.

Gerry, thanks! I'll keep going as best I can. I do hope you can recover from all that. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

As always, I enjoyed seeing your latest armor models. My favorite is the V100 of course. I think I might have to try to pick up that kit. Does the kit allow for open hatches? You know I have to have figures in, on, or around everything. :)

Cheers,
James

Thanks James! I appreciate your comments and your visits to my Threads. This V-100 is a 1/72 scale kit so; unless you want to make it look like a radio controlled vehicle for one of your 1/35 scale guys; I'm not sure you'd want it. This kit does allow for the turret hatch to be opened, as well as the driver hatch in front. The turret however had a solid floor so any trooper going in there would have to be half the man he normally would be. I believe (its been awhile) that this has a basic interior in the lower hull anyway.

Thanks again for stopping in and commenting; I am always thrilled to see your replies.

Back