• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Syrian Pantsir S1

jknaus

Administrator
Building Mengs Pantsir S1 for the recce shelf. Will do in Syrian colours so hopefully nice and easy.

ha607818_2019-07-14.jpg

h70d87a1.JPG

hf237fbd.JPG

ha7926f2.JPG

h923d185.JPG

h8ef6377.JPG

hc274d3c.JPG

h8faba2b.JPG

h132cf67.JPG

hbe07a6d.JPG

he3ab9c7.JPG

h2f57b87.JPG

Well that was a close call. This morning while waiting for some coffee I did more of the turret and one of the radars.

h6de1337.JPG

ha0a00be.JPG

h775ad79.JPG

Now see that big gap on the roof?

he7e37d5.JPG

Well it was bugging me. So I checked the instructions yet again and nothing showed there. I had some coffee surfed the web a bit and started this thread and then went to take more pics. Again checked the instructions. Then looked through the parts to see if there was some filler that hadn't shown up on the instructions. There was another roof and it looked slightly different. I looked through the instructions and low and behold the version I was doing had a different roof. I blame lack of coffee and not marking the steps to follow like usual for this mistake.

h241dcae.JPG

So applied glue to the seams and waited a few then pushed up from the bottom and safely removed the roof. I'm glad it didn't wait like that for a few days. Installed the new roof and it looked much better.

hd671dbd.JPG

hf5866a3.JPG

I almost forgot to mention the parts that needed filling. I used plastic slats and touched up with putty.

hdef6fce.JPG

James

Got the top antenna almost done. And finished the BUK-1/SA-11 for work. Glad its off my shelf now. Used Master Club tracks and used brass pinning.

haa5aff0.JPG

That was fast! (y)
The Pantsir is coming along nicely. The BUK-1 has ben on a shelf for the past half year I think. I thought I had lost a drive housing and finally bought a new kit. I primed and painted it on Sunday and found I had the wrong one. Looked at the sprues from the old kit and there is was. So at least I can build another BUK sometime in the future.
James

Not much modeling over the past couple of weeks. But cab built, just external stuff to do. The instrument stuff is all individual which is awesome but you lose it in the black instrument cluster. Guns need to be wrapped and masked before installing and then I can do the missiles. A small disk on each side window which is oblong. Dont know what its for and I didnt manage to paint it very well.

h1119262.JPG

hf26773d.JPG

h4a12dfb.JPG

h58658c9.JPG

h1b1de6d.JPG

h9e2f2ce.JPG

h25cc000.JPG

he904fb5.JPG

Its too bad you cant see much inside. Maybe some day do another one in an earlier version and have the doors open.
James

YIKE! These look like very Bad News for airplane drivers!
Very cool build so far!
Whaddya mean "For Work"? :hmmm

WOW James! I just looked in on this and that is quite something!

3dastonished.gif

I have not really gotten into much of the modern armor and it looks like I have missed out on a lot.

Back