• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

King Tiger early. 1s.SS.Pz.Abt 101 France Aug 1944

jknaus

Administrator
Doing a trumpeter King Tiger early number 133 from 1 s.SS.Pz.Abt 101.

h21b9fa6.jpg

h6f9dc89.jpg

Mine will be before these pics though.
Here I am so far.

hf57f6c2.JPG

h8770164.JPG

Oh and here is my DAK Kubelwagen. Just need to put some markings on and get ready to paint it RAL 8000.

h68f99f8.JPG

he3669a0.JPG

h8a0a110.JPG

James

nice build so far. Which kit is this? Is that the kit zimmerit or aftermarket?

Mike
Its the Hobbyboss kit. Don't know why I keep calling it Trumpeter. I also have Star Decals to make it a s.Pz.Abt 101 tank. The zimmerit is included in the kit and I'm more than happy with it. Its extremely thin plastic and I imagine damaging it would be easy if you wanted to do a damaged surface. Actually I'm not sure if its visible in the pics but I had to cut a small square beside the left exhaust and front right glacis for the LSSAH markings.
James

I knew you were doing a different unit and tank, but that is such a cool paint scheme, I couldn't help myself. :good:

Yeah it is. I just realized though that it has the wrong turret. My other KT with that turret I'm doing as a FKL316 vehicle here. I like its schemes also.
hb145873_2018-09-17.jpg

I'm doing the top one in the pic below. The decal numbers are the wrong colour though according to my research and should be yellow.

hdd52ee3.jpg

Okay this is a jumbled mess. I have been picking at the KT and on Friday I got my kleinzerestorer after seeing Mikes. So been working at that last night and this morning.

h103b15d.JPG

hf3d611c.JPG

h6bf53a6.JPG

hb1b9ee9.JPG

h6af26bd.JPG

hcddab73.JPG

h5b1fab9.JPG

h2fda64b.JPG

James

Big and little, cool! Nice kit, isn't it?
It is. Next is building the tracks and hoping it works out okay. I decided to change the order of build and will put the track guard supports on after the tracks are done.
James

Back