• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bumerang IFV

iambrb

So I felt like doing something very different...and this is certainly it!

h8de54c2_2020-01-05.jpeg

So as the modern Russian forces are building, they have selected this to replace the old BTR series of 8-wheeled that have been around since the late 50's/early 60's. Think of this as the US Stryker with the turret. So why this? Cause I threw a SOOPER-CHEEP bid out on a FB auction site..and won!

As stated, the vehcile is a multi-role vehicle, similar in concept to the Stryker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBLczB9hCrE&t=158s

SO this is my first Panda kit and I have to say, I like it! It is quite similar to the newer Academy kits, right down to the plastic color and instruction printing (Hmmm.......) Detail is VERY good, although some parts of PE Are really tiny & fiddly.

h6c071c5.jpg

At any rate, here she sets at about 10-12 hours in (Note that shte upper hull is test fit only in some spots):

had8faf5.jpg

h15af1d8.jpg

Note that the runnign gear has an amazing amount of detail

h15af1d8_2020-01-05.jpg

So this is where it sits, will post more when I have more...all the best!

NICE JOB!! :good: ...That thing is kind of beast. How is the kit going together?...any easier then your AFV project?
:v

Hey thanks guys - I was half-thinking no one would be interested in this at all, it's such a unique subject!

yes, it is actually very well engineered and is going together quite well. It reminds very much of an Academy kit, except that it does have bits of flash and seams that require cleanup. really not a tough build at all though, all things considered.

It is supposed to be stormy here Saturday, so it looks like I'll get more done on it....'till then!

OK so here she is at about 90%. Still have some handles and the mirrors and a few other minor things yet to go, but this looks pretty good right now:

hec6eb1e.jpg

h5077c57.jpg

h52767c8.jpg

hf06b12f.jpg

This is actually a neatly engineered little kit! Note how the muzzle & brake of the main gun are hollowed out, as is the coax MG:

h9371341.jpg

So sorry about these pics not having too much detail, I was pooped after all the work involved with the ATGM missiles and the turret. When I get the other final bits on, I'll get some better detailed pics, right before she goes to paint. Till then!

So Spring has Sprung in South Carolina! it was a balmy 73F/22.8C and so I FINALLY got so use the new compressor

hc4eb867.jpg

So I bought the Ammo by Mig Modern Russian set

h1b7e81e.jpg

An I have to say that I am quite the fan! My only experience with Acrylics thus far was Vallejo Air and these are in a fully different league by comparison! Mixed easy, spray well/layed flat, and the cleanup was a breeze! So the splinter-like scheme took hours to tape, and it came out OK. Still not sure if I like it, but it's a start:

h831f27e.jpg

h08ce3f6.jpg

h3bdc0fb.jpg

h729d6be.jpg

Not too bad, I decided to call it a day and eat some "Social Distancing Snacks" Hope you like it!

Hey I like that!!!... :good:...kind of a splinter camo thing going on there.
Please Continue...
:v

Looking good. I gave up on Panda after my first one. Its good to see they might be getting better. Funny about you doing a boomerang now. Maus and I just ordered a Boomerang turret for a BMP-2 conversion. So this is cool.
James

Ok so jut like the "Boomerang," this i Bumerang is coming around again!!! So while I originally had started this in a desert camo
boTKBp4.jpg

GWvbliD.jpg

I re-thought the idea, as the vehicle had never deployed anywhere in such a guise. I did a bit of digging, and found some pics of it in 3-color camo, and decided to go with it.

The AK interactive paint really works great! However, who knew that it would react with silly putty?!? Just like George Costanza on Seinfeld, the putty had issues with "shrinkage".
t6EVJOl.jpg

LMhKeMb.jpg

iWzuqEc.jpg

AA7ZWj5.jpg

gNDBmRP.jpg

Even so, I like the way she came out. So a bit of touch up, some decals (dee-kals here in the SE-USA) along with some light weathering, and she'll be fine!

Here's your shrinkage reference:

Back