• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Invasion Poland

jknaus

Administrator
I thought I had a thread but I guess not. I'm building a Faun L900 with Ah 115 trailer and 2 Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf D from the 3rd Light Panzer Division 67 Panzer Regiment invading Poland in Sept 1939, Case White.
Kit is Das Werks Faun and trailer and Bronco tanks.
Yesterday I got the resin wheels ready to paint and realized that they were way different from the kit wheels. So put them away and got the resin wheels for the trailer ready. Found that 2 of them are different treads. So put them away. Did some research and reread some reviews and build blogs to find the kit wheels are not really correct. Looking at pics I saw the trailer could have 2 or more different tread patterns and the resin Faun wheels I got looked more like the pictures. So this morning went and primed them. Glued the bed on the frame of the truck. Not much more. Also used oils on the seats and made them look more leathery.

h994c3d8_2020-01-10.JPG

h95dac34_2020-01-10.JPG

h97862a0_2020-01-10.JPG

hed6dfbe_2020-01-10.JPG

hb804386.JPG

hffa1dd8_2020-01-10.JPG

h1ebb5e4_2020-01-10.JPG

hb3ff57b_2020-01-10.JPG

ha5ead0c.JPG

h5f2d15a.JPG

h0fc559d.JPG

h34ad6d2.JPG

hefbf46b.JPG

The seats were a disappointment as they were just blocks with a basic shape so I ground them out and made them look more like people sat in them.
James

I'm not sure if I want the seat to poop Bob :rotf Anyways thats coming, got to wait for the oil to dry. I do have the seat installed and then painted the tires and my fingers rubber and then started the trailer.
I need to get another section of road as this looks like it will be about 21 inches in length. Done for today.
James

I hope to get some more done tomorrow. I have the trailer almost done. Finding lots of things that are taking the shine off of this kit. The instructions for the trailer are very bad with wrong sprues but there is an addendum. Thats no problem except I'm finding part numbers are totally wrong. I thought I was missing stuff so I looked even deeper for info on the kit and I am not losing it. Whole assemblies just appear on the trailer without build instructions or parts. Its pretty easy though so not hard to figure out. I have been reading a couple of posts and the wheels are total fantasy so you are better off getting AM wheels for this kit. I am going to have to do some scratch building it seems as no ladders at the back of the truck bed are in the kit. Shouldn't be to hard I hope. Also the tow pintle is fantasy. I can either rob one from a half track kit or try and scratch one. We'll see where that goes. Its annoying that some detail is just glossed over. There is a handle on the tow bracket which should have been in 2 or 3 pieces so it would look better. I wont try fixing it. There are other issues but I am either too far along to fix or don't feel confident in fixing. Pics to come.
James

The more I build this kit the more disappointed I get. The trailer instructions have the wrong sprue labels but they give an addendum with corrections. No probs. But half the assembly sequence is missing. You turn a page and poof there is a drawing with parts you never saw . Really not cool.
Anyways as I step off my soap box I did some more on the trailer today. I found a board that this should fit on and taped the road pieces I have to it. Need another road kit.
So pics of so far.

hcae57ac.JPG

h4e0cc45.JPG

h87a4fd9.JPG

hb1ae083.JPG

hbc50350.JPG

h3b1f05f.JPG

h0203cab.JPG

James

Not a lot of time to work this past week because life.
Wheels ready to be weathered. The trailer and truck had a bit more work. Annoyed with the kit instructions, or rather lack of instructions. Did some more of the Pz II Ds. Developing a dislike of Bronco with the itsy bitsy parts and the way they use 10 small parts to make what other companies would do with 2 or 3. But its coming so pleased that there is progress.

h00f1c52.JPG

h9d96172.JPG

hcd1c946.JPG

h8bd14ac.JPG

James

Back