• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Russian Field Kitchen

jknaus

Administrator
I needed a break from the Faun and PzIID's so cobbled together this Miniart Russian Field Kitchen. Didnt sleep well last night so painted it. Now just some weathering and putting the 2 Hay boxes together and then maybe doing the figures. Also need to do some detail painting on the fire box and door. It was relatively easy even with a few microscopic parts and I managed to build it over a few nights.

hf6aa35e.JPG

hab05271.JPG

hd0fa73b.JPG

h1a8d259.JPG

h7ed2f34.JPG

h87baed4.JPG

h8664b7b.JPG

James

Soups on!!

Looks good James! Nice little diversion from the norm and a cool looking little model

:popcorn

Nice (y)

What did you think of that kit?
Its a very easy kit with low parts count. The only gripe I have are some small dome nuts on the frame and the hinge of the kettle. You need to shave them off the sprue and glue on. These things are about .5mm I think it would have been better to have them molded on. I guess the other oddity is you aren't given the option to have the lid open. You can do it but I'm not sure how it would attach, and being as this was a sideshow I just buttoned it up. To sum up, really easy and fast and enjoyable. Took about 3 days total so far.
Oh and the wheels are multi part in 7 layers. They come out looking pretty nice I think.
James

Not much modeling so far this week. Making a ladle and a stir paddle and getting 2 figures started. There are 4 but I think I will just do the 2. One cook peeling potatoes and a helper cutting firewood. Got the fire box and door painted. I see the back end isnt quite aligned which sucks but its too late now. Weathering sometime in the near future.
h2908ec5.JPG

h3550bf7.JPG

h2ef3066.JPG

h6c152ac.JPG

h7cd5221.JPG

James

Back