• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WWI British Type B Lorry and AWD B Type Truck

jknaus

Administrator
As I finish up the SA-5 I decided to do the new Miniart Type B Lorry. First because its so cool and secondly so I can see trouble areas before I do the bus. Well the engine is almost done.Goes together so well. The have PE spark plug connections but the distributor just has some small pegs to glue the wire to. So I drilled them out and used .6mm albion tube. Hopefully I can get some pics later on when I go to do some more fiddly stuff on the SA-5.

h2d0d71c.jpg

James

Got the frame put together. I bought some steal blocks so I can align these multi part frames easier and some squares and when I checked this morning it was true so I'm happy. Engine painted and now I need to paint the heads and spark plugs and then weather some. I used .6mm brass tube in the distributor where the ignition leads will fit.

h7c84af4.JPG

h24590a6.JPG

hc9b618d.JPG

Also have one side of the launcher for the SA-5 finished. Man those knobs are tiny and fiddly.
James

Thanks. Mike just sent me a pic so I can finish the heads this afternoon. Great detail pic. Lost an exhaust and wrote to Miniart last night to buy a sprue. They are sending me one. Best customer service I have ever seen.
James

Got some more work done but basement is cold so did not stay long. Radiator is almost done. just pe left. Frame is close to done. Almost ready to paint it and install the engine. Box is done and cab is close to done. Coming along nicely. No pics but if you look at the SA-5 build you can see the parts in the background.
James

:popcorn :popcorn
Following this with great interest.
Was going to get one myself so really fasinated with how you find the build and what you will do for the paint finish.

Ian

Thanks guys. Need to paint soon so I can continue but its too cold and damp at the moment. So its little bitty steps right now.
James

Did a bit of work on the chassis and then painted it black. Painted inside the cab and and the bonnet and the under part of the box. Of course forgot to take my camera but when I go back downstairs I'll take pictures. Still I did get some productive time in this afternoon.
James

Well working on the B Type Lorry but no real progress yet. Started the ICM AWD B Type Truck as I really liked Terry's. Of course he did a different truck but oh well. Started it yesterday and proceeding nicely. Unfortunately my camera is dying so it acts up some when in use. Got 1 good shot and 1 blurry shot. Comments and critiques welcome. Oh and the cab is just dry fit right now.

DSC08484.JPG
DSC08486.JPG

Back