• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Campaign FAQ

jknaus

Administrator
Okay there seems to be some confusion in the campaigns as witnessed by questions we are receiving. So here is a quick and dirty FAQ of CAMPAIGNS.

What is a Campaign. It is our version of a group build, popular on pretty much all of the forums out there.

What are the rules (can I build .......?) The rules are spelt out pretty clearly in the poll that the creator of the campaign has decided as shown on this thread. https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/campaign-hq/148083-out-of-box-poll#168534 It will also be in the description on the campaign official thread.

campaign.jpg

When does it start/run until/how long is it? Again that will be on the Official Campaign thread.

campaign_2.jpg

How do I enter? You must start a thread in the campaign of your choice and provide a picture of the kit unstarted with a time and date. A good source of Time and Date is a phone or the Campaign Time at the bottom of the Modelers Alliance screen.

campaign_3.jpg

How do I know if I am in a campaign? Look in the particular campaign you are wondering about. If you have a thread and have started you are in. Not in but want to join? Well follow step above.

Whats in it for me? A nice ribbon to display to all in your signature block. Show the world your campaign history.

Whats this sponsor thing I've heard about? Some times some one or some company will step in and offer a prize/gift/sample. They choose who to give it to, not the staff. Thats why you need to provide proof of start date and the pics of the unstarted kit.

So please enjoy and if your question is not in this FAQ by all means ask away, we're here to serve.
James

Are cross-campaigns allowed? Like submitting a build for more than one campaign? I know my wording is confusing but the pain meds have temporarily turned my brain to mush.

Unfortunately no, no cross campaigning. I hear you about pain meds and mush, hope things get better.
James

If you're doing a build for another website it's more than welcome here. But the same model can not be built for multiple campaigns here on this website. We do allow moving a started build from one campaign to another as long as it meets all the requirements of the campaign it's being moved to.

Back