• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Cold Cold North

helios

Just throwing another idea out there...

Most of you have figured out I've got a thing for the Cold War...I find it very interesting. The technological advances, the poker games, and to a lesser extent the espionage.

Who: NATO, Soviet/Warsaw, and neutral countries
What: Land, sea, and air forces
Where: Stationed in, or routinely operated north of the 60th Parallel
When: Cold War era (End of WWII/formation of USAF to the dissolution of the USSR)

This is just idle chatter for the post-forum move. Most of the focus on the Cold War tends to be on mainland Europe, espionage, or ICBMs. The monitoring, patrolling & defense of the northern routes seldom get much attention. So consider this a nod to all the souls that froze their asses off in the pursuit of peace. :java

Just a note, the dashed blue circle is the Arctic Circle...the 60th Parallel is actually the next circle to the south.
Arctic_circle.png

The MA Cold Lake contingent is just south of that line, approximately 54[sup]o[/sup] latitude, 110[sup]o[/sup] longitude, 550 km as the crow flies.

Cheers,
Rich

I am digging this - I have Tamiya T-72 I was thinking of in eithr Russkie or DDR scheme

Would this count?

hc6f9195.jpg

F22 isn't really the cold war and not sure if Elmendorf is far enough north, but its worth asking. My involvement would defiantly depend on timing...

I am digging this - I have Tamiya T-72 I was thinking of in eithr Russkie or DDR scheme
From DDR to the 60 Parallel is quite far... From Warsaw Pact you can made only the Soviets.

Hmmmmm.......So I am pretty sure I want to keep the T-72 as a DDR version. perhaps a BMP-2 then? Been wanting t build one of those for awhile.

Thirdly on our little hit parade would be an M60A2, or even an M551

Back