• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Modelers Alliance World Cup

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
What about calling it the "Modelers Alliance World Cup"

Make this an annual event.

Duration: 6 months

Time: August 1 to February 1

Teams: No minimum number of members per team.

Aircraft

Armor

Ships

Auto

Figures

Science Fiction

You can only sign up for one of the above teams. You can only submit one model. NO CREW FIGURES ALLOWED ON VEHICLES. NO DIORAMAS ALLOWED OF ANY SIZE. No bases will be allowed other that needed to display ships(NO WATER). All finished models must be submitted no later than Midnight January 31 Greenwich Mean Time. Only team completion threads are allowed.

If you haven't guessed already I am setting this up as a "FRIENDLY" competition. If you can't do this in the spirit intended either grow up or don't sign up.

Model selection will be made by secret ballot submitted to the "World Cup" administrator(who will not participate in the competition) via PM when voting is declared open for each team. Each team will be voted on separately. The model with the most votes in each team will move on to the final round where voting will be done again until the world cup winner is chosen. YOU CAN'T VOTE FOR YOUR OWN MODEL. IF YOU DO YOUR MODEL WILL DISQUALIFIED.

What do you get? You get to build what you like as long as it fits in the above categories. You get to have fun. You get a "World Cup" ribbon for participating. The top winner gets their model displayed on the front page for two weeks and a special "World Cup" .png which can be displayed in their signature until the next world cup competition.
What do you think.

B) .....and yes I will be the first world cup admin, but it will rotate to another so I can play.

So a team of Armor builders (or whatever) build and vote the best of that team. Then that best of Armor moves up to the World Cup.

:hmmm

The whole site is eligible to vote for the best of each team.

That is a most interesting idea. However, a few suggestions:

-> The name; II think we should call it something other than "World Cup". Maybe "Alliance Cup" or "Alliance Crown" or something like that.

-> Maybe the final winner can have his model displayed on the main page for the year, until the next final winner is chosen, instead of just two weeks.

Okay, that's all I have. This does sound interesting, and I do believe I will participate a number of times despite my complete lack of any chance to place among all these incredible Masters here. The fun is in the participation for me anyway which is why I'll be participating.

Well we are a "world" wide forum. The full title is "The Modelers Alliance World Cup".

:v

h8f72964.jpg

Sounds like something I can really get behind - now where did I leave that 1:32 OV-10 ????

Ian.

OK :idonno ... sincerely good luck with this new idea guys, it sounds interesting but it's not for me so I'll simply build the Bronco as part of 'Just Plane Big' assuming that goes ahead without any alteration to the 'rules'.

Ian.

Well, I was looking forward to our epic builds but nothing is stopping me from from doing an epic build of my own.

One concern that I see with the World Cup is that by a huge margin armor and aircraft dominate our builds. The other teams may end up with limited participation.

Running along with what Mike just said, I think something more along the line of teams is good, but let each team select the subject.

I believe that most of us on here that are active can be considered friends no matter where we are actually located so have everyone sign up and figure up a team size and number of teams from that.

Eduard does a team event in the fall and each team on it has to build a predetermined kit in 24 hours. Two builders on and two off at a time. They all build the same kit with the only difference being the markings between the builds.

While we can't actually do that, it would be better to set it up with some ground rules on kit cost maximum or something like that to level things out a little.

Running along with what Mike just said, I think something more along the line of teams is good, but let each team select the subject.

I think we need to stick with Terry's original idea. You join the team that's reflective of the genera you want to build.

Well, I was looking forward to our epic builds but nothing is stopping me from from doing an epic build of my own.

One concern that I see with the World Cup is that by a huge margin armor and aircraft dominate our builds. The other teams may end up with limited participation.

The number of members on each team doesn't matter it's the quality of the build. Remember this is done by popular vote. If people like your build they will vote for it no matter how many were on the team. The team idea was to allow the each group compete with each other before moving on to the top achievement. I think I will add cups for the winner of each team.

B)

A suggestion that I would like to consider is someone other than a team member do the judging. Like a standard contest. Planes judge cars boats judges planes, etc,etc. IMHO I feel that some one who is participating in one particular genre not be allowed to judge that genre.

A suggestion that I would like to consider is someone other than a team member do the judging. Like a standard contest. Planes judge cars boats judges planes, etc,etc. IMHO I feel that some one who is participating in one particular genre not be allowed to judge that genre.

Well I participate in a large show where everyone votes and the best always comes to the surface no matter what you particularly like to build. A great model is a great model. Besides model people need to expand their thinking outside their modeling box. IPMS rules don't apply here unless you apply them.

B)

I would be interested in being a part of other teams. I do have some ships, cars and Sci-Fi models to build so I could join those teams. As for judging, I would not judge in any category I entered, just as in an IPMS contest where I'm judging.

Back