• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Save the Rain Forest Campaign

Flyingbabydoc

hb211a6d.jpg

Hi There,

In light of recent Events I thought we could do something to help quench this destruction of the Amazonian Rain Forest.

Perhaps we could collect a fee to participate in the campaign (like the CTA) and send it to an NGO involved in the preservation of the Amazon.

Builds would be any Military or Civilian Vehicle which has been used/is used in the Amazon, from any Country.

AS a reward we can get a Ribbon of SA Dave dressed as Carmen Miranda.

Just a thought...

Cheers

Alex

hb211a6d.jpg

Depends on the length of said campaign. It is a very good idea though, & at the least I might contribute said fee, but Really have to see

Thanks Dave, I am sure it will be a hit! :dance

Bruce, this is the first time I have suggested a theme for a campaign so I have no idea how you guys decide time Frame, etc. Since These efforts will have to span a full Generation to get the reflorestation started, I would think a Long campaign would be ok.

Cheers

Alex

It sounds good but the big thing is figuring where the money would go so it does the most good. We also have to figure logistics for running this.
Does anyone know what vehicles, civvie, military etc would be covered by the parameters? In the past we built anything for the CTA's.
James

It sounds good but the big thing is figuring where the money would go so it does the most good. We also have to figure logistics for running this.
Does anyone know what vehicles, civvie, military etc would be covered by the parameters? In the past we built anything for the CTA's.
James

That is a very good Point. I guess we could Support an internationally established fund like WWF or something UN based.

When I thought of this I imagined all kinds of vehicles, Military or civilian, from a PBY Catalina to Jacques Cousteau's Calypso. There is a wide range of vehicles, trucks, helicopters, airplanes and ships that could come into question, either from Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Guyana, Suriname and French Guyana.

If you want I could look into a database for that.

Cheers

Alex

:choppa

James

That is a very good Point. I guess we could Support an internationally established fund like WWF or something UN based.

When I thought of this I imagined all kinds of vehicles, Military or civilian, from a PBY Catalina to Jacques Cousteau's Calypso. There is a wide range of vehicles, trucks, helicopters, airplanes and ships that could come into question, either from Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Guyana, Suriname and French Guyana.

If you want I could look into a database for that.

Cheers

Alex

:choppa

True. That could be interesting :hmmm
James

Back