• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

John Bowrey Figure Campaign

Rhino

Super Moderator
I am suggesting a figure campaign in memory of John Bowrey.
Any Figure from any Era in any scale.
The idea is for for airplane, ship, armor, and car guys to make an attempt at a figure or bust to show We clearly don't fear figures! Have fun, don't worry about perfection.
I have mine ready to go! Expect NO MERCY!! :rotf :yipee :rotf :yipee

I'd be game for this. My current project's vehicle commander just got demoted to KP duty so I'll have to find his replacement. ;)
:v

Do we need to take a vote, or just proceed against all decorum? Finish your memorial figure by what would have been Mr. Bowrey's next birthday? I confess having no knowledge of what day that is. Over to You, Andy!

Any Thoughts?

I'm torn between the figure Mike sent me and a Verlinden Zouave figure I picked at AMPS Nationals in Buffalo :hmmm :idonno

I've been kicking this guy around for a while, be a good time to give it a shot.

h3feed6d.jpg

I didn't know John but sounds like he was an overall great guy!

Decided to join in on this and will give figures a whirl.

I ordered a 75 mm figure by Ares Mythologic - Draconia "Sheenay" SG-05

hd0054ef.jpg

We'll see how it goes

Maybe I can get a project in...I think it's better suited to planes and pilots?
This'll be part of a vignette in 1/32 using the cover of the novel "A Higher Call" The B-17 crew

hbb36927.JPG

h088ae74.JPG

Franz Stigler's part is almost done...

h346d5bb.JPG

Maybe I can get a project in...I think it's better suited to planes and pilots?
This'll be part of a vignette in 1/32 using the cover of the novel "A Higher Call" The B-17 crew

hbb36927.JPG

h088ae74.JPG

Franz Stigler's part is almost done...

h346d5bb.JPG

Nice, is the B17 going to be all cut up?

Yes, the B-17 will be shot to pieces. I may give the big pieces to the neighbors dog as a rough start.
Seriously though, a friend works in a print shop and has supplied me with some offset print plate sheet that may come in handy and I've been stocking up on .005" and .010" sheet plastic, I've got decals and crews but I'd like to add some Eduard P.E. stuff to the areas that will be "open to the elements"
I've done some battle damaged stuff previously, destroyed actually, both 1/32 a A6M5C2 Zero and FW 190 F8 ...should I post some pics?

Back