• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Tiran 5

Jeeves

Now that show season for me is over until Sept, figured I'd get in on this...

h8a4e203.jpg

hb528655.jpg

Neat choice!! I have that very kit but do not plan on getting to it until 2020 I think, given my abysmal build pace!

I'm sucky at taking in progress pics apparently...but here's the early stages of oil paint rendering thanks to help from Dr. John...

h2cb901a.jpg

h803bbd2.jpg

h9d3d168.jpg

I'm sucky at taking in progress pics apparently...but here's the early stages of oil paint rendering thanks to help from Dr. John...

h2cb901a.jpg

h803bbd2.jpg

h9d3d168.jpg

Man that is great! I particularly like the mottled/dirty effect on the external fuel tanks, how did you do that?

B)

That's just a few different shades of oil paints starting to be blended together... I've since blended them more together...

After OPR, some washes, and a bit of pigment...next up tying down stowage and maybe a bit more washes...

h5964293.jpg

h856bfab.jpg

h4865782.jpg

hceffed2.jpg

Nice finish.

:drtumbs

Add some tracing paper diffusers over the bulbs and you will be a photo master! (Focus is kinda important too!)

Back