• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Help Cutting Hobby Boss Leopard 2A6M CAN Parts

Tankbuilder

Shalom.

I have the Hobby Boss Leopard 2A6M CAN kit. Has anyone built this kit and used the included slat armour?

In Step 7 you are supposed to cut/remove one raised portion off of the three at the front of the deck. Do those raised areas just get filed/sanded down so they are flush with the rest of the deck (I think so)or do you cut them out entirely?

In step 8 you are supposed to cut something off of parts J1 and J7 but I can't figure out just what is supposed to be removed. Anyone know?

Ditto in Step 14 the turret roof gets someyhing cut/removd. To me it looks like it's a few bolt heads that get cut off for the fitting of two subassembly boxes. Is that correct?

These instructions could use some photos like Tamiya uses.

Thanks and cheers

Sorry I am taking so long to answer. I will try and look at my kit tonight and check for you. I also got a new book today and if you tell me the area that you need help with I will check through it. If something screws up I do have the Eduard set I could give you if you want.
James

Sorry I am taking so long to answer. I will try and look at my kit tonight and check for you. I also got a new book today and if you tell me the area that you need help with I will check through it. If something screws up I do have the Eduard set I could give you if you want.
James

Shalom James.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Here's an image of the two parts (left and right pieces) and of the instructions (?) where they show the vicinity of the cuts.

IMG_1879_zps614df240.jpg

Thanks and cheers

Why is the image in the preview pane rotated to the right?

Hi Peter, I believe they want you to remove the indentations. That is what I would be cutting. If you look at the lip you can see 3 narrow strips that are thinner than the rest of the lip that corresponds to the cut marking on the instructions.
I've done this roughly to show where.

DSC03195a.JPG

hth
James

Shalom James.

Thank you so much! I see the indentations you are talking about and I agree that they are the most logical looking place to make those cuts.

Much appreciated!

Cheers from Peter

More Queries re Hobby Boss Leopard 2A6M CAN

Shalom.

Another question regarding the Leopard 2.

When looking at the upturned belly of the Leopard 2 from straight above, are the left side wheels supposed to be offset from the right side wheels?

I know that Hobby Boss has offset wheels on their Merkava IV kit unless they've corrected that error. I just want to be sure that the offset wheels on my Leopard 2 aren't an error too. So, offset wheels on the Leopard 2 are okay?

Also, is the gun tube on the Leopard 2A6M Canadian rifled?

Thanks again and cheers

The Leopard 2A6M Can should be smooth bore. We borrowed them from Germany and added a few Canadianisms. The Leopard 2s we bought are Leopard 2A4's that will be upgraded to A6. I think we will keep the shorter gun, but dont quote me. Again I believe it will be smooth bore also. Not sure about the offset wheels. Will see if I have any info somewhere.
James

Looking at plans it shows offset wheels.
James

Shalom James.

I was positive I made a post thanking you for this info. Sorry about that. I do thank you and it's great to know that Hobby Boss didn't goof on this the same way they did when they offest their Merkava IV wheels.

Cheers

Looking at plans it shows offset wheels.
James

BUMP.

Just reviewing some of my old threads and saw this. Turns out that offset road wheels are a feature of just about any tank with torsion bar suspension.

Just thought I'd pass that on.

Cheers

Back