• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Friulmodel tracks question

Skinny_Mike

Hi guys - quick question about assembling Friulmodel tracks - do you need to glue the pin in or will they hold on its own? CA glue I assume?

Thanks
Mike

The instructions tell you to use a small drop of CA, but if you plan to chemically blacken the tracks, the glue will block the chemical and leave a shiny spot. I use .020 brass wire for mine and friction seems to hold the pin from falling out. If you are painting the tracks, glue away.

:good:

Thanks for the insight guys. I need to decided on the next step I guess. - To blacken or not to blacken? That is the question!

I think the blackening process helps hold the pins in place. My usual practice is to blacken metal tracks, paint the plastic or resin ones. :good:

I'm going to blacken first then go from there. Maybe paint and maybe not. I've heard that the benefit is that its less obvious when paint doesn't get in all the crevices!

Back