• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Need some info on Tante Ju

Paulw

Over the weekend I went with a friend to Branson, Mo. for their MOSS Con. It was quite a show not because of the amount of entrants for which there were few, roughly about 30. We had a vendors table trying to unload kits that the club acquired in the past few months and that being said there weren't that many vendors either. However, the venue was spectacular. The Branson Civic Center appears to be a quite new facility and we were in one of the many huge ballrooms. The hosting club really mad us feel welcome.

Now on to the important part. I did garner a few new kits, about 12 and one of the ones I bought was the Pro Modeler Ju-52. So looking through all the references that I have access to didn't really show any in tropical livery.

I'm thinking that this would be quite the scheme and I would sure love to give it a shot so if any of you have any color pics, or plates of one in trop I sure could use the reference as well as the help.

I will have to check my refs but I don't recall seeing any in dessert cam. I believe they were based on the other side of the Med and just flew supply hops. I'm probably wrong but I'll let you know what I find Paul.

This one looks cool though.

216_1+(1).jpg

James

A couple that I know of.

There is a 1/48 sheet from AIMS Models that has an Italy/Balkans/North Africa scheme. (I have this sheet to do the Med Evac scheme.)

db_48D008_p15_28229.jpg

db_48D008_p21.gif

Eduard's 1/144 kit has a different scheme from an aircraft used during the invasion of Crete.

ju-52_eduard_instructions_09.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

4U+NH was the scheme I used on mine

52-real.jpg

52-b39.jpg

It's a really nice kit, if I had the room I'd do another in a heartbeat !

Back