• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Question about the Gallery....

Duke Maddog

This isn't a big issue since I'm still able to post my pics, but I'm curious as to why it behaves now like it does.

Recently, as of a couple weeks ago, when I go to upload pics; it works as usual, except that every upload turns red and says that image failed to upload. Also, with the first upload, I get a blank box that pops up at the end of the upload with a little "Okay" button to click. Then the second pic uploads, "fails", and a new box pops up, offering me the chance to stop further announcements, or something to that effect with another "Okay" button to click. That second box always pops up at the end of each "failed" upload. Finally, after all these failed, I click on the "Last uploads" tab and all the pics are there in the Gallery. Again, since I am still able to post pics from these last uploads, so I'm good. I'm just a bit curious as to what happened to cause this to start acting like this.

Thanks for all you do for these boards. Keep up the excellent work.

I'll try to recreate this, if I can't break it, i can't fix it. I do encourage you to just attach images to post.

Thanks Bob. I would attach, but most times I'm limited to how many pics I can attach. Also, I can't hotlink to anywhere else if I do. Usually, I make my post of in progress work here in the "What's on the Workbench?" Thread, then copy that thread and paste it on "Maddog Manufacturing" threads on several other Forums I frequent. I'll make a few minor changes after pasting sometimes to reflect the different Forums, but the main post is there. I also do that when I finish a model. It just makes things so much easier doing it that way since it takes far less time for me. With all the modeling work I do and post, I need the fastest way. That is why I'm so grateful for this Gallery and Forums. If you can't re-create it, I'll just deal. As long as I can still load and post everything, I'm good.

Thanks again for everything.

Same with me today Bob. Plus I had to log into it. Not sure why its acting as it is.

Same with me today Bob. Plus I had to log into it. Not sure why its acting as it is.

Because the bridge that joins the two systems is not supported by the person who made it and our software is now 4 years out of date.

I strongly suggest you guys using file attachment. It's not broke.

Exactly. The attachment thing takes a little getting used to, but works well. You get twelve spaces to insert photos, if you submit the post, then hit edit, you can add twelve more. Unless you are posting show photos, that should be plenty. There are other free photo hosting sites for forums that don't maintain their own galleries.
This is not a big deal, there are models to be built.

Thanks Bob, for letting me know why it's acting like this. I'm a little sad that something which made posting to various Forums so much faster and easier for me is now no longer a smooth possibility. I can still use it until it just stops taking my pics. The attachment feature is an excellent one; unfortunately, as I mentioned; I cannot copy the whole post and paste it in another Forums using that feature, but I guess the days of simple and easy are gone. Trust me Mike, I am building models as shown in the "What's on the Workbench?" Thread. They aren't the masterpieces you are doing, but I'm happy with them. 12 pics is a good number, I'll just have to edit and submit three times once I go that route. It would be great to find some of those other free pic hosting sites though. Time to go searching. James, if you find something worth using, let me know too. Thanks

Well, I got my answer. Okay, forget I asked about this anymore. Feel free to delete the whole Thread if needed.

Mark you know there are free hosting sites still out there.

I promise you if I had the skill and time to fix and keep the gallery I would.

https://imgbb.com/

https://imgur.com/
I think Luiz uses this one.

h4f1e683.JPG

Worked fine for me. Make sure you have the latest Flash, flash is enabled for the website and all else fails, run ccleaner to clean up old stuff on your computer. :mpup

h4f1e683.JPG

Worked fine for me. Make sure you have the latest Flash, flash is enabled for the website and all else fails, run ccleaner to clean up old stuff on your computer. :mpup

Excellent! Thanks! I will do all that. I appreciate all that you do here Bob. I will also look into some of those other free sites to have in the event this no longer does work.

Thanks again Bob! I'll get that done.

Back