• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Colour of Early WW2 German equipment harness?

Tankbuilder

I think that the harness used to secure German equipment to regular soldiers in the early years of WW2 was black. Can anyone here confirm that or if that's the wrong colour, tell me the proper colour? Images I see on the web vary depending on who did the colourization.

Thanks for useful replies and cheers.

The belt and Y-straps were black leather. In 1941, khaki coloured cotton webbing began to replace the leather in southern theatres (Africa, Greece, Italy and Southern Russia). By 1944 webbing was being issued in all theatres.

Cheers,
Rich

The belt and Y-straps were black leather. In 1941, khaki coloured cotton webbing began to replace the leather in southern theatres (Africa, Greece, Italy and Southern Russia). By 1944 webbing was being issued in all theatres.

Cheers,
Rich

Thanks Rich. That confirms my thought for the colour in the period I'm building for.

Cheers

Back