• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Modern American armor question

Jeeves

Ok...quick question and am hoping someone can help...I'm at the point on the Abrams where I have to decide whether I'm using Tusk I or Tusk II...the first looks very similar to what the Bradley has, so I'm inclined to use the II...but would Tusk II kits have been present at the same time as the M2A3 had Busk III armor? Early Google searches have not turned anything up...

I don't know. :idonno

Maybe look for dates when they became available in the field. I'm thinking by the time I learned of the tusk program for the M1 both were already in the field

Yes...I think the TUSK packages are probably good either way...it's the BUSK III that's proving more elusive. From what I can tell, it's been implemented on Bradleys in Korea and those associated with the 7th ID....so I guess I'm going with that...

I am not an expert and couldn't find any evidence either way, but it seems that the configurations of the vehicles wasn't very consistent from tank to tank. I suspect that you could see all different combos as the kits became standard issue. I would go with whatever you want to do, its probably not wrong.

For a more definitive answer, you may ask over at armorama, someone there probably knows for sure.

Mike

Back