• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

How many links in a JS-3 track?

Hmmm...appears I may have solved this? I took the time to count the number of "links" on the Tamiya supplied vinyl run and came up wit 82. If anything, looks like I may have to disconnect some!

James is right. I find the Mastercub resin pins much easier to deal with than the Fruils.

Just a thought. My Takom Maus kit instructions called for 55 sets. (each link was 3 parts the shoe, the inside part of the shoe and the connecting link) I intentionally left mine a little short and found that 53 was about right. A little loose but not sloppy. 55 would have been WAY too loose as each set measured almost 3/4 of an inch.

An easy way to figure how many tracks you need is to take a sheet of paper and cut a 1/2 inch strip. Wrap it around the running gear. Mark the paper where it meets or just cut it. You should have the proper length. and can match the tracks made to it. Or with a touch more work make some tracks and measure how much of the paper they take up. So assuming the strip of paper is 11 inches long if 8 tracks fit in an inch, then you need 88 tracks plus or minus for fudge factor.

Hey thanx guys!!!! Pretty sure I have it covered I think I am gonna build up the wheels & pop it together to see 1st hand!!!

Back