• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Does anyone have a clue to what this is?

Heavens Eagle

I have kind of decided to build something for the Afrikan campaign and I want to match the vehicle to the photo. Problem is there was an item attached to the side that I couldn't quite make out until I accidentally ran across this photo.
Anyone have an idea what the item circled in red is? I could probably scratch up something close but it would help to have some idea.

h0b778a3.jpg

On second thought, looking at the first photo again, I am not so sure it is what I thought. Looks now like a scifi schwimmer with jato rockets and I know the thing on the 222 isn't a jato rocket. It also isn't a fire extinguisher either.

:hmmm ....first time that I see this in a Schwimmwagen...may be a sand desert dust filter? :hmmm

Luiz.

The schwimmwagon looks kind of Sci first. The second photo looks like a tripod for binoculars

h1f7406b.jpg

I have kind of decided to build something for the Afrikan campaign and I want to match the vehicle to the photo. Problem is there was an item attached to the side that I couldn't quite make out until I accidentally ran across this photo.
Anyone have an idea what the item circled in red is? I could probably scratch up something close but it would help to have some idea.

h0b778a3.jpg

They are rocket boosters. A vehicle description is included here, Sondertyp 129 Demolition Vehicle.

Cheers,
Rich

OK! LOL! Learn something new every day. Thanks on the info on the Schwimmer Piet and Rich! Had never heard of that before.

James, I think you might have come up with what the item was or at least a very good guess. Thanks my friend!

Thanks to all for this.

I've had a 1/16 Eduard Schwimm sitting on the shelf in a half finished RC conversion for a few years. Now I know how'll it'll be finished.
:D

I only had the Schwimmer as an example as at first glance the rockets looked like the item circled on the 222 vehicle.

Turned out to be a good thing as I never knew that they did an RC weapon conversion on the Schwimmwagon.

Thanks to all for this.

I've had a 1/16 Eduard Schwimm sitting on the shelf in a half finished RC conversion for a few years. Now I know how'll it'll be finished.
:D

Oh Man! I wasn't aware of that Eduard kit until just a couple of days ago and it just doesn't exist anymore. There are photos and listings around but none available. The search did lead me around and I discovered that Revell had been working on a 1/16 VW panel van and they had just released a 1/16th 1951-52 VW beetle kit. One of those also had a lighting option. Was able to find the beetle kit (YAY!)
med3d-envacances.gif

I guess the schwimmer will just take a while.

h0b778a3.jpg

They are rocket boosters. A vehicle description is included here, Sondertyp 129 Demolition Vehicle.

Cheers,
Rich

Would be hard to picture the look on some sailor's face as a rocket propelled schwimminwagen came streaking across a small bay, right towards his boat.....

Back