• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A solution for the "Red Error Box" when uploading

Heavens Eagle

A while back I ran into the red box of death when trying to upload to an album. By accident I figured out this work around. It is quite simple but has to be done each session.

I use Google Chrome for my browser. I am not sure what happens in other browsers but this is the solution in the Chrome browser.

Coppermine_Upload_Problem_1.jpg

Coppermine_Upload_Problem_2.jpg

Coppermine_Upload_Problem_3.jpg

Coppermine_Upload_Problem_4.jpg

Hopefully those of you that have been experiencing this problem can now get busy. I gave up on Pooter Bucket quite a while ago when they dumped things and I guess they have been paying a price for that. As 99% of my hobby posts are here it is a good thing. I have also noticed that while there is a way to attach photos directly to a post, it changes the resolution down. Some of my stuff is a little higher resolution than that or I post occasionally in the FSM forum or a couple of others. (as I said "occasionally")

A solution for the "Red Errror Box" when uploading

Sorry I'm not much help on this. I've just been using single picture uploading.

:idonno

A solution for the "Red Errror Box" when uploading

Thanks for the tip, I have been having this same error for years. Just assumed it was a MAC incompatiblity.

I really think it is just a Flash player glitch that happens. Could be due to some settings in the browser or even on the computer. Anyway by clicking on the "Adobe website" link it allows you to OK it and it will work just fine for that session until you close the browser.

Since I figured out the bit with the attachments I will tend to use that for simple photos or quick uploads. Animated gif files don't seem to work though so they need to be uploaded. Also slightly larger photos need to be uploaded as the file attachments will shrink down the size which can affect how it looks.

Back