• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

USS Carl Vinson, CVN-70 Honor Model.

Rhino

Super Moderator
I work with a young man who served aboard USS Carl Vinson as a "Hot Popper". The guy in the, hot, shiny suit that puts out fires and rescues Aviators from burning airplanes.

I seek a 1/500 or 1/700 USS Carl Vinson to build as a Sea N' Sky Honor Model for presentation. A donated Kit would be ideal. I am also willing to trade in-stock 1/700 TLAR model kits for this vessel.
I hesitate to ask for your help, as these model projects are usually kept "In House".

Your Thoughts, Model Brethren?

If I had any 1/700 scale kits I would gladly ship you one.

For those not familiar with the Carl Vinson it is a Nimitz class carrier commissioned in 1982. It went through a refit 2005-2009.

Might have to check through what Nimitz class carrier kits are available and modify one.

I got the Italeri 1999 upgraded USS Carl Vinson model kit bought. It has the appropriate radar mast.
Thanks just the same, Fellows!

Glad you found one. I actually went and swung by the LHS to see if they by chance had an inexpensive one to buy and donate to your cause, but alas they didn't have anything suitable.

Bless your heart, Chris.
Hobbylinc in Atlanta GA had a reasonably priced CVN-70. No decals to buy from Starfighter Decals, even though Mark has been a good and faithful supplier for TLAR and other micro model maniac projects for many moons!

I hate to feel like I'm begging. The recent untimely death of a really funny co-worker brought into sharp contrast "At what price Honor?" Spend the $$. Share the laughter. (buy the Beer if you have to!) Hear the stories!
Don't wake up tomorrow with our Lord Jesus handing you a chocolate shake and taking you on a tour of his Dad's house with things unfinished.

Thanks Men, for thinking of me! :salute :eek:ldguy :skipper :love

Back