• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Russian Green WWII

jknaus

Administrator
Okay does anyone know a good Tamiya colour to do Russian Green cira 1944/45? I know other brands are out there but I'm looking for a good base or colour mix using Taiya. Thanks.
Its initially for a SU-100 and then a SU-152, JS-1, KV-1 and KV-2.
James

Okay does anyone know a good Tamiya colour to do Russian Green cira 1944/45? I know other brands are out there but I'm looking for a good base or colour mix using Taiya. Thanks.
James

I have a photo in one of my threads, let me see it I can find it.

James

I have a photo in one of my threads, let me see it I can find it.

:rotf :popcorn

Pfffft.

hee9d0a6.jpg

h635f54c.jpg

Oh, sorry, thought you were going to post the picture of all the different color russian green tanks with different russian green. :soldier

XF-58 – OLIVE GREEN: 10
XF-2 – FLAT WHITE: 2
XF-3 – FLAT YELLOW: 1

or

XF-4 Yellow Green: 5
XF-58 Olive Green: 5

No I can't. I lost all my models in a move across five states. Really heartbreaking. I did salvage somethings like tracks, cockpits, odds and ends, etc. I used Gunze acrylics until they stopped shipping their pants. Now all my colors are Tamiya mixes. I have finished two fw 190 planes and can show the RLM mix and results.

No I can't. I lost all my models in a move across five states. Really heartbreaking. I did salvage somethings like tracks, cockpits, odds and ends, etc. I used Gunze acrylics until they stopped shipping their pants. Now all my colors are Tamiya mixes. I have finished two fw 190 planes and can show the RLM mix and results.

Ouch, that is awful. Oh well, I was hoping to compare the greens without mixing some up!

No I can't. I lost all my models in a move across five states. Really heartbreaking.

That really sux! I was pretty lucky when I moves from California to Florida. I put each model in an extra large zip lock bag, then I filled two extra large moving boxes with shipping peanuts placing the models intermittently in the peanuts so nothing was touching. I only had a bent resin propeller and a single broken antenna. My only fault, the bags created a vacuum due to the air pressure change coming from 2400' MSL to 30' MSL. Next time, I'll poke a little hole in the bags so the pressure can equalize during the trip.

I have finished two fw 190 planes and can show the RLM mix and results.

Yes please!

I moved from California to Missouri (last one out of California please turn off the lights). I Packed the models in boxes with foam around the and they were pretty secure. Told the movers be careful with the boxes marked fragile. The crew changed in Texas. I don't where the destruction took place. link to fw 190 here:

https://modelersalliance.org/forum/wesendorf-field/153114-tamiya-fw190

RLM 76 XF2:7(Flat White) + XF23:1(Light Blue) + XF66:2(Light Gray) be careful with the gray. You can omit it.

RLM 75 XF2:15(Flat White) + XF7:1(Flat Red) + XF24:5(Dark Grey) be very very careful with the red. To much and you get purple.

RLM 74(green) XF25:3(Light Sea Gray) + XF5:2(Flat Green)
RLM 74(gray)XF-24(Dark Gray):10 + X-14(JA Gray):1 + XF-2(White):1

i am saying be careful because you can not subtract.

Back