• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Paint remover?

iambrb

Hey I am needing to remove some thick and quite old paint from 2 models. One is enamel & the other is of PollyScale stuff.

What WONT attack the plastic?

I have had good luck using Polly S ELO (Easy-Lift-Off) paint and decal remover but unfortunately I think it died with the Polly S line when Rustoleum killed it. I still have some of it around and use it regularly to remove the lettering from my railroad rolling stock.

I use Royal Purple or Easy Off oven cleaner and even brake fluid. I've even used oven cleaner first and then did a bath for the parts in Royal Purple after that.

They all word a little different. I'm using Royal Purple more as it is not as toxic as the others.

The last time I used Brake fluid to strip paint from a model, it softened the plastic and caused it to warp. I don't trust brake fluid. Easy-Off oven cleaner is a good stripper that I've had success with; I don't know anything about Royal Purple though.

Back