• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Easiest way to remove raised deck lines?

Tankbuilder

Ahoy there mateys!

I have the ancient Revell kit of the USS Buchanan aka HMS Campbeltown. Edit. It is 1/240 scale. end edit.

This kit is circa 1960 and has raised deck lines for the planking. It looks good but unfortunately there was no wood decking on these ships.

What is the easiest way to remove molded on raised deck lines?

Oh, it was quite interesting reading about and watching videos on the Honda Point disaster.

Thanks and cheers

Take an old xacto blade and use a stone on the end and make a scraper out of it and slowly scrape them down until you just start to scrape the surface.

You can do it to any blade you want (or have), just do it so that the end is flat and the edges are fully square and have a sharp 90 degree edge. I have found new use for old worn blades. Had one I made a while back but can't find it now. The key is to have the new end square to the sides. You can make one with the scraping end slightly curved, another with only a narrow end for tight spots, rounded or whatever shape works good for you.

Back