• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A German Omelette

Skinny_Mike

Hey guys - I finished up another of the Hasegawa egg planes. I already have the ribbon for this campaign so I didn't bother with the formalities and am just presenting it here for the fun of it. This time I went with the FW190 Egg. I was really interested in testing out the Mission Models Paints versions of RLM 74/75/76 so thought this would be as good as any way to test them out. Camo was sprayed free hand, including the mottles. The 74/75 are not that far off color wise so its a little hard to see the demarcation lines, but over all, not to bad. I understand that its really hard to get tight free handed patterns with this paint and I would probably agree with that assessment, although I am not really great at free handed soft lines so I may be a contributor to the result.

Here are the photos...

FW190_1.jpg

FW190_2.jpg

FW190_3.jpg

FW190_4.jpg

Sadly, this is the second kit I've actually finished this year. :blush:

Thanks for looking
Mike

Why sad? A finish is a finish! (y)

I say sadly because I have been so unproductive this year. I have 14 kits in some stage of work and haven't mustered much completion. Hopefully I am going to finish the year in a flurry though!

I'm taking a week off Thanksgiving and I have 16 (Only burning 6 vacation days :dance ) days off over Christmas, plan on some mega bench time.

Back