• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1989: the new era in Central-East Europe

dewertus

It is 1989. Poland is leaving the Warsaw Pact as a result of political changes. At the same time, similar changes take place in Czechoslovakia and Hungary. In order to strengthen their position, all three hold a covenant - the Visegrad Group is formed. NATO and the European Union are suspicious of "new" states - they treat them rather as sales markets, where they want to sell equipment withdrawn in their armies with considerable profit. Poland and the other countries of the Group do not agree to the worse treatment but they also know that Russia will block the transfer of new technologies started a few years earlier and will stop the supply of spare parts for equipment obtained from the USSR as part of a vengeance for losing the communist block. In this situation, they have nothing else but to look for alternative suppliers of new technologies and start investing in their own industrial and research facilities ....

Having regained real freedom, the "new" countries of old Europe must quickly resolve two issues - replace the fleet of obsolete MiG-21 and SU-22 with modern, universal tactical aircraft and ... significantly increase the effectiveness of armored forces. In the first case, they have to rely on the purchase and transfer of technology from the outside, but in the second, they can return to the proven decade when cooperation in the modernization of T-55A create the KLADIVO / MERIDA version. Because all of them have a large number of "young" T-55A / AM, it seems to be an appropriate step, but this time the modification will be much bigger ...

In 1989 in Poland actually started to consider urgent replace a fleet of Mig-21 by a new equipment. Unfortunately western bidders proposed scrap for which they had no option for sell or it was withdrawn from their own armed forces. But in this group there was one bidder: independent, neutral who proposed modern aircraft, co-operation and technology transfer (today his plane is in the Czech and Hungarian Air Force) - it was SAAB J-39 Grippen. I am planning to make a Grippen model (Italeri 1/48) in Polish Air Force painting, or...

Modernization of the T-55 AM / Merida was also considered, but Army focus on the development of domestic version of the T-72M known as PT-91 TWARDY, if I succeed I would like to build a similar to the TWADRY modification of T-55 MERIDA - I will use a T-55 Trumpeter model (Type 79 + some parts from TI-67 + few of own additions).

It's time to start....

future PT-89 "HARDY"
hL5sQKXE_o.jpg

and JAS-39PL "GRYF"
z1H6mdX3_o.jpg

Great Story! The Grippen is a cool Jet!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyD0liioY8E&list=LL-dfa7UM7wIEYs9RE-NxKDw&index=45

Back