• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 Admiral Khusnetzov

Flyingbabydoc

Hi friends,

To celebrate my coming back I decided to get way out of my comfort Zone and get into an amazing aircraft carrier, the Admiral Khusnetzov.

This an Italeri 1/700 model with the whole aircraft Detail from a Trumpeter 1/700 set, which included the decals and lots of the Details. On the deck you will see Su-33, MiG-29K, Su-25 UMT, Ka-27, Ka-29 and Ka-31. I probably overdid the weathering (as usual) but this is a first for me. Some of the modifications (retracted wings) were done by me.

All comments always welcome. Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Alex

hebbe6fb.jpg

h4075b9b.jpg

heb73e77.jpg

ha4f52d1.jpg

h54e9fb4.jpg

h89380ad.jpg

h03ccf2a.jpg

h82ef37a.jpg

hef8d81b.jpg

h74a03f4.jpg

h60d29ef.jpg

h99fd130.jpg

This came out nice and I like how you set up the display. Over did weathering... :hmmm ...Not necessarily as the russians are known for not keeping their equipment overly clean like us Americans.
:v

Quite right, Eric, thanks.

Still that is way too much grim and sooot for 1/700 scale.

I have the Kiev on the shipyard, maybe that one will turn out better.

Cheers

Alex

Another nice build Doc. You are on a real Soviet run of builds I see. I can't believe how well the camo on those little airplanes turned out. Great job! (y) (y)

I like it! A Flat top! Otlichno! Color me impressed! :salute
Mine is still in the box, so yours is better than mine! :salute :captain :pilot

Thanks guys it was my first attempt at a ship. It is actually fun. The Little 1/700 buggers were not easy to handle and Camouflage.

I am planning to work on a Kiev now.

Cheers and thanks again

Alex

I dont think you could over do the weathering, the thing is a floating scrap yard as far as i know. Last time it travel through the English channel it was belching out black smoke and had its usual ocean going tug accompanying it in case it breaks down :) .

Back