• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SCHNELLBOOT S-100

fledermaus

Master at Arms
HI there!
Here is my next project, after doing the shinyo, I wanted to do another water based model to change from the always armor routine. This model has being waiting its turn and now is the moment. I have some aftermarket sets to go along with the model; it was bought in a bundle that included the azimuth 10 resin figure crew and the Bronco cloth flag. I added the Eduard’s gun PH set and the details PH set Also got the aluminum barrels for all the guns and the RB depth charge resin kit.
Here is the box with near to 40 inches long
PxBVWij.jpg

And the extra stuff
tzNqsUl.jpg

aFovZMl.jpg

So I began with the hull halves, it needs glue and also comes with screws for the bottom and 4 cross beams to make the hull rigid, it can be turned in to RC model.
uelpnTP.jpg

hNgm39B.jpg

A comparison with the box, it is a tight fit; the hull is as long as the box measuring 39 inches long
In this photos it appears to be longer than the box but it’s due to the lens angle. the figure near it
is an old 1/32 scale monogram figure so you can have an idea of the size of this beast
cTJYAoX.jpg

QhLrrCH.jpg

That’s for now, I’m moving to work in the guns first and then back to the boat itself, more soon

Thanks!
Abdin

This is gonna be so cool to watch this build. B) I have this kit in my stash so looking forward to getting some ideas... :ro:

Saul I almost wet my pants when I saw your reply, funny man :D and yes it is a big chunk of plastic

Hi John :Hiay,Im also following posts on other forums, taking note of the errors and corrections to be made on the kit, some corrected with the PH kits and others need to be scratch build, so stay tunned and start building yours ;)

thanks Laura, just wanted to take a break from land armor and stat doing some water armor :gogo

thanks Gene, it really is a cool kit, some errors on it but nothing to keep you to get one and make it great

Sherman, it is a lot of work ahead with all the extra stuff, it will be fun and painfull:gogo :angry: :woohoo: :side: :evil:

model maniac you already have all the other big boys, so why not one more. it will look great near the BR52 or the morser or the leopold or the .....:gogo great collection you have by the way

Hi to all, Work on the model continues with the guns. First the twin 20mm, it received the Eduard details and shield

First the gun details are removed to be replaced by the PE ones; also the barrels are cut and drilled to allow for the aluminum ones
xupZM2r.jpg

The new shield with all the parts installed
G79Bcld.jpg

A comparison with the original one, a great improvement, the same with the ammo rack
ETyjSQl.jpg

Some of the installed PE parts, the gun sight is nicely detailed an a bitch to assemble
So the solder gun saw lots of action
8sQVRWF.jpg

OgT7yVf.jpg

vzhcpyA.jpg

A dry test of the shield
geLzJML.jpg

RiuSUGf.jpg

At this stage I realized that the 20mm barrels I have are shorter by about 5/16 than the needed ones, so I have to wait for the new ones to arrive…that’s for now and thanks for watching
Abdin

Nice work but you said one thing that jumped out at me. You said Soldered, in reference to Eduard's PE. I thought there was something about Eduard's PE that made it nearly impossible to solder. What did you do to it to prep it for soldering?

Abdin , .......... very , very cool !!!

Nice work on the 20mm , ...... who , what , where and when on the short barrel thing ?

The alum. barrels by what maker were too short .

I'm following this closely cuz I've got the kit .

Thanks Bob, yes the sight on the twin 20mm was soldered, I have never had problems soldering Eduards PH. I just use very thin solder and soldering paste and it works nice. most of my PH upgrades are from Eduards, just keep the soldering iron point clean at all times. the sights gave me a great battle to assemble because of the thiny parts
the 3 legs that holds the sight hight became separated and needed to be soldered one by one, the rest of the PH was glued with cyano.

Hi Cheyenne, it is a very nice model, it has some errors, I will deal with it when the time comes. Im following a build on other forum that has lots of info and there you can see many of the corrections made to the kit. I think the worst is the front 20mm gun pit that is undersize and there is not even space for the gunner figure to fit in. the barrels I had are the RB 35B66 flak 38 L/50, I purchased this almost a year ago thinking it was the correct ones but now that I was ready to use it realized this are short by 1/4" or more. it was my mistake as this where the only ones 20mm flak 38 that I found when looking for the barrels, so now I have ordered the complete barrel set from the company Master SM35003 paid $27.99 on ebay and comes complete with the 3 20mm and the 3.7mm barrels

Bod, is it ok if I post the link to the boat build from another forum??

thanks Laura ;) glad to hear from you :Hiay

here is the link:

http://buildthebismark.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=otherbuilds&action=print&thread=1500

Wow, that is a GREAT build by Robert!

Abdin, I am not sure why the barrels are too short. The ones on the Schnellboot were 1.3m flakrohr and the wrong one would be the 1.0m KwK38.

Anyway, I see that Robert used the Trumpeter guns on his kit. I am willing to send you the guns (barrels are useless though) if you PM me your address.

Regards,

Great Build. I have one waiting to paint. If you need any odd photos let me know. I have been collecting images for a couple of years now. I have some links that might help you if you like. There is a very extensive build/builds on http://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=130092&page=1
Ryan;)

thanks Ryan :D Im currently working on the guns, so if you have photos that can help me to better detail it please let me know B)

Abdin

Back