• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Living on Tulsa Time

Jager

Hello from Tulsa Oklahoma,
My name is Kurt. I got back into modeling about 30+ years ago. I was past president of Tulsa IPMS. Now being retired, I can spend more time learning and perfecting modeling techniques. I am looking forward to participating in the forum. I like building WW2 German aircraft, modern propeller aircraft, science fiction and armor. I don't do automobiles as I owned a shop for 35years that worked 1:1 scale BMW, Mercedes and Minis. That is not to say I won't be building autos and motorcycles as there are a few in my stash.
I have attached a few photos of my classroom. It is called that because I seem to learn something everytime I go in there. I presently am working on 1/35 Trumpeter CH-47 and buddy-building, with a modeler alliance member Paul W., 1/48 Revellogram B24D, Ploesti raider. I am working on photographing my models too. I included a photo of my Hobbyboss 1/48 Super Tucanos.
h0980e7c.JPG

ha6ef8ed.JPG

h5b24745.JPG

h6b74321.JPG

Build-on

Welcome, Kurt! Glad to have you aboard, even if your shop is too clean. :laugh:

:drinks

Welcome Kurt!!
That is a nice classroom :coolio Looking forward to seeing your current builds here. Feel free to ask questions, give some insights but most of all just have.... F.U.N
:v

Welcome Aboard Kurt! Prepare for Bullstein! I envy your workspace!
I'm digging your Super Tucanos!
(y)

Welcome aboard Kurt, I gotta say you had the best application email I"ve seen, most of the emails are like "why you blocking me!". :rotf

Looking forward to your posting! (y)

Thank you for your welcomes. I look forward to FUN. But I have to confess about my classroom, here is what the camera did not capture completely .

h92e7cbf.jpg

:rotf

h71351e4.JPG

Here's my Brain-Vacation spot! I cleaned it up because SOMETHING was missing!
Shhhhhh! It's a secret!!

Yes. Yes I do! I made a new submarine for my "Smugglers & Rum Runners" set because I couldn't find the 3 I had already womped up. That's how my desk got cleaned up, Drawers, the whole shebang!
MUTHERPUSSBUKKIT!

Welcome Kurt. Digging your Me 262 art on the wall. :coolio

Is the second chair for when Paul comes over to drink all your beer? :beer

Welcome Kurt. Digging your Me 262 art on the wall. :coolio

Is the second chair for when Paul comes over to drink all your beer? :beer

We have upgraded Paul from beer to Scotch. The other chair is not his as it has no seat belt.
The Me262 is Adolf Galland's aircraft. It is a numbered and signed print by the artist and Galland. I was at a gun show years ago in Houston and Galland was there. He was very approachable. We chatted for over 15 minutes. The Ta-152H0, on the same wall, is Walter Loos aircraft 'Wild Sau'. It too is autographed. I like building WW2 German aircraft.

Welcome Kurt . Glad to see another aircraft builder . Particularly one that appreciates the Luftwaffe .

Glad you fixed your model room :rotf Looks a lot more like mine now.

Cheers, Christian B)

We have upgraded Paul from beer to Scotch. The other chair is not his as it has no seat belt.

Paul don't need no stinkin' seatbelt...neither do I for that matter.

h714a251.jpg

He and I both have fallen of many a stool, chair ain't high enough to do damage. :rotf :drinks

Paul don't need no stinkin' seatbelt...neither do I for that matter.

h714a251.jpg

He and I both have fallen of many a stool, chair ain't high enough to do damage. :rotf :drinks

Yes I have graduated from beer to scotch around 1978. Kurt, on the other hand is still swilling near beer.
That plate in front of me in that pic is totally Bob's order while I had just a plate of fries.

Back