• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Newbie...

Hi yall, new to the forum. Moon puppy saw something I'm working on and asked me to come on over. Here are the blasters from my Millennium Falcon build. Cant wait to finish it!

h15a01db.jpg

h62f3a14.jpg

Can you see the Tundra from the window? :rotf

Nice setup. Have a look around, don't be shy about asking or sharing.

Welcome, matey... All friends here from all over the planet.
:drinks

Best from Middle Earth

Ian.

Welcome to the nuthouse !

roflmao.gif

The blasters look quite nice! I also like the heat tint which you have applied to them.

Looks_Good_GIF.gif

Which kit are you building?

Right now my conundrum is the engines. I'm not happy with the way it came out. It's not sooty enough for my taste.i used Vallejo black primer and I dunno...

h48d3cf8.jpg

Gotta hit the Insert button to embed the image.

That looks good but you could add some more layers, use some of the burnt stuff, burnt umber, senna or whatever they are called...

Looking good. Have you ever tried any pigments or pastels, they do soot really well. :ro:

Not yet..gotta pick up some when I find them on sale. Going to New Jersey this weekend. I found a big hobby store in Toms river. Going to pick up some stuff. Will keep ya posted

What modeling puddy is good and easy to work with? I see I have spaces where the pipes come together. I was watching someone on YouTube and he was using something and rolling it in on the end of a round toothpick. It almost looked like clay. Thanks

My weapon of choice is Tamiya putty, easy to apply and sand, doesn't seem to shrink, is readily available and is inexpensive. B)

This is new, I haven't tried it yet, but looks interesting.

https://www.migjimenez.com/black-hole/lv426/QuickTip-AMIG2039.pdf

Back