• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Velociraptor (unknown scale-3-D printed)

chrispisme

Good evening.
The
this kit is a 3 D print from a fellow I found on the web at a company similar to Shapeways I contacted to purchase the kit paying for the model and then forgot all about it, apparently he did too because I got an email from the company 3 months later asking for feedback on my kit, that lit a fire under me! I got back to the seller to see what had happened, after a bit of email correspondence the kit was duly sent, it arrived in about a week or two ...and has been in my stash for months until just this week. It took about an hour or so to build including filing the mating surfaces. The kit comes with tabs designed to snap together, I deleted the tabs and used epoxy.
putting the basic kit together:
h6502981.JPG

h05671d5.JPG

h64eba56.JPG

h7de1428.JPG

seam filler and primer
h86dd47f.JPG

h945f1f3.JPG

That was yesterday.
Here's what happened tonight:
Just some paint, mostly Tamiya and Vallejo acrylics and some Tamiya panel line accenter
he1c67cf.JPG

hd74cdf5.JPG

h5a67076.JPG

hfed3d37.JPG

h433bfb9.JPG

Oh ya, and what he'll be chasing...a skirt of course
h388a48e.JPG

Way cool. Love the paint job on it also. Could you give a link to the seller? Do they have more?
James

Hi guys, thanks for the positive comments!
James, I'll check my paypal history when I get home from work and try to find his contact info.
Christian, I assume you refer to the big chested hottie? lol...she's an anatomically correct female figure if you know what I mean...nudge nudge wink wink. The whole skirt and parts of her ripped blouse are Milliput, I wanted a plaid skirt so I cut about 75 million miles of Tamiya tape into very thin strips and painted, taped, painted taped and painted and unmasked. Hours, days? to mask, minutes to paint (as usual) and seconds to peel it all off...the tape I mean...

Way cool. Love the paint job on it also. Could you give a link to the seller? Do they have more?
James

Don't expect instant shipping. :rotf

Looks great Chris, the paint job is fantastic, lot better than the old grey or green we were taught they looked like back in the day.

Hi James.
Heres what I found from my Ebay history.
deleon1 item #263578036662 Jurassic Park inspired Raptor Model kit Screen-Accurate Detail 7"X16" 3D Printed
I hope it helps.

Way cool!! They say that birds evolved from dino's, so why can't they be colorful too. I saw a guy use eyes gotten from taxidermist. It looked so real. Gary S.

Back