• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

German Machine Gunner 1/16th

Plastik Smurff

Found this on the shelf while diggin around the other week dunno why I had it but there you go.
So since I have a pause between the current build's I thought I may play with this.
As a plastic figure I was skeptical about quality of the moulding but I got a pleasant surprise once I looked at the sprues.
The detail is rather good on the clothing and face with the only downside being that there is raised detail in the eyes which has made it extremely difficult to do good eyes. :bang head

h11b094f.JPG

hc829577.JPG

h4660286.JPG

ha8e850a.JPG

h753a1a1.JPG

The kit and weapons are nicely detailed to but that I do expect from Tamiya.

h1d6f4f1.JPG

h259f3c2.JPG

h808a9e8.JPG

I will play with this on and off but not going to be overly serious about it.

Kurt.

Put the body together as it's a 2 piece and the greatcoat is a 3pce.The join lines were very good as very little sanding was required.

h56fa96f_2019-07-04.JPG

hd5148bc_2019-07-04.JPG

h422458c_2019-07-04.JPG

Sorry about the multiple posts as the page will not let me download more than 3 pic's at a time :idonno
The eye molding is the only really bad part on this kit due to the raised molding,next time I will remove it.
Still a work in progress.

h925e6ef_2019-07-04-3.JPG

h99394cd_2019-07-04-3.JPG

Was fiddling around with the wool effect and it sort of morphed into this,it look's better to the eye.

h685a854.JPG

h834d4a0.JPG

h90505f6.JPG

This is more of a play thing than a serious figure so I will muck around with it some more.

Kurt.

Problem on my end I think when I looked into it my settings had changed on the camera and had changed the size and pixel amount.

Some more progress on the dude.
The kit.

hb5935b3.JPG

Standard tech for painting a gun used flat black and MIG metallic powder.

h3833aca.JPG

haad328a.JPG

Strap's and holster done.
h8cb9c98.JPG

Not happy with the bread bag so I will redo this.
h8c5bcd9.JPG

Re did the bread bag and did the boot's an stuck his lid on. Thinking I may do a winter base for him with a little light snow hence the borrowed white helmet. Sort of the first stages of the Russian winter period when winter cammo gear was thin on the ground?

h594c9f5.JPG

he7c6712.JPG

h3e5e9ac.JPG

Tried some pic's outside just to see how they come out,gotta get something decent sorted for lighting to take pic's.

I must have missed this one - very nice!
I love the fabric effect on the Great Coat. Face skin color variation is really subtle too - nice! (y)

Ian.

Back