• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Farewell and Adieu"

RW3

1/6 scale resin kit picked up at Wonderfest. hroughout the piece I've added small "easter eggs" relating to scenes from the movie "Jaws". The entire piece was painted with Vallejo's. Cheers!

h08079fd.jpg

h4fb7afd.jpg

h316f0e8.jpg

h5e0dae5.jpg

hd445f09.jpg

h07f47f5.jpg

h9850e8b.jpg

h1d18fe9.jpg

hc51da41.jpg

Sometimes that shark, he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. Y'know the thing about a shark, he's got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's

Man I love the original Jaws. Very nice.

:woohoo:

Oh, that is AWESOME!!!!!

Amazing work on the shark and everything else! I think you've really captured the countershading on the shark nicely! Love the additions as well!

Still the only good shark movie out there, even after 44 years!

Very well done! (y) :notworthy

p.s. I'm leaving tomorrow to try and tag a few of these guys. Hope we have better luck than Quint did!

I have to ask 1 question though, the little jaw on front, is that a real jaw from a little Atlantic Sharpnose or something?

Wow that is really great! I really like how u got the light/dark portions of Quint’s shirt! Defensively one of Robert Shaw’s better roles!

“You know the thing about a Clownfish, Chief. He's got silly eyes, cartoon eyes, like Roger Rabbit's eyes. When he comes in on ya, he don' seem to be livin'. Sometimes the Clownfish, He goes away. Sometimes He wouldn’t go away. He tells that same old, horrible, campy joke, an' nen, (sigh) your eyes roll back in yer head, an you hear that awful groanin' and barfin', an nen, (sigh) Mr Clownie, he swims off without a care, like Will Farrell on a Thursdie night, without any idea of what humor really is. I’ll never go to a Comedy Club again.” (Text from TLAR Model's 1/350 Orca kit)

I LOVE this model!! Welcome aboard, Sir! The handbill and Fatal Voyage book just put the froth on the Mug!!
OUT-FUNKING-STANDING!!

The splashing/frothy water was polyfil (material for stuffed animals) coated with Envirotex.

The jaw on front of the base was purchased at one of our local "tourist traps" that sells a variety of those as well as shells and such.

Back