• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Merkava

cb1

I forgot about this forum topic...

My submission of a post WW2 fully tracked vehicle.
hope it qualifies.
IMG_5806.jpg

It has been a while that I got bench time. The garage was just too cold to work in and my work schedule pulled me all over the place.
So, updates to follow!

The turret is moving along nicely.
As a side note, I built this kit back in 1986 when it was released. I was stationed in Germany and bought it at a local hobby shop in town. After I finished it I showed my Commander and he took it and placed it in the main 'day room' and wrote a note saying Friend or Foe?
Here it is, all I had was basic paints to use. LOL
The Tamiya Merkava - 1986 vintage - Schweinfurt Germany.
mod1_28229.jpg

It is posed in the company room where we had a sand table which was used for gunnery training

like any Tamiya kit, this one is going together smoothly. minimum filling to do.
Ready for some paint!
aa.jpg

sorry for the delay in updates. Work/chores had me occupied. :blush:

So I painted it up with the base coat. I used SAC Bomber Tan in the rattle can since my airbrush is still on the fritz. :bang head

Here it is with the base coat, and cleaned up bogie wheels. Next will be the touch ups and details.
tammerkava1.jpg

Thanks!

What kind of Airbrush, you know Badger has an unconditional warranty on their stuff. Just send it in to them and they will fix it, send it back.

It is one of those plastic ones, argh... I forget the name. Aztec, yeah that is it. it turned into a royal pain in the rump.

hi gang!
It has been a while since the last update. between work and auto repairs I didn't have much time to do hobby work.
Today I finished up major painting. Now I will be doing the washes and details.
IMG_5858.JPG

The spray can SAC Bomer Tan is different from the bottle of the same color. I noticed that when I had to do minor touch ups the bottle color was more green than the spray can. But I figure that after weathering and detailing it will not be noticed.

I will be taking MP's advise and pick up a Badger airbrush soon. :ro:

More to come as soon as I get the details done. I also have a Israeli Armor Crew to work on.

I finished a light coat of wash and dirt. I didn't want it too heavy. Built straight out of the box.
Finished, I hope John Marcus would approve.
IMG_5863.JPG

IMG_5862.JPG

IMG_5861.JPG

Thanks! :v

I'm sure he would :drinks

Just enough dirt for it to be a well maintained tank (y)

SA Dave is working on these Memorial Ribbons so we'll have something for you soon CB

thanks for all the kind words!
I finally got the crew finished. :unsure:

IMG_6016.jpg

The Verlinden Israeli tank crew had winter gear on. They gave it a different feel to a hot climate.

Back