• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pаспу́тица (Time without roads) BA-6 Dio

JSteinman

Master at Arms
This is the oldest shelf queen that I have. I started this 13 year ago when I got back into the hobby. It got sidelined due to a 1/2 track group build on WW2 Model Maker (Anyone remember that site?), which got noticed by Pat Stansel, who sent me some stuff to do for MMiR, and well the rest is history, until recently of course.

Most of what you see here is very old work. I recently added the ammo rack and drums, the fire extinguisher and the inner door panel.
Ej5eiP6.jpg

Turret seats - new.
69NeaVl.jpg

Loader optics and dome light - new.
JGW8VvC.jpg

Gun breach, sight, co-ax MG mount - new.
3NE5jb5.jpg

Ammo racks, seatbacks, new, the rest 13 years old.
QfEBAYA.jpg

QfEBAYA.jpg

CvFWnER.jpg

M7OWzxo.jpg

More ammo racks and storage - new.
xo1VeuG.jpg

Drivers area - all 13 years old.
QasaesF.jpg

The next sequence is pretty self explanatory and all new efforts.
RHFDYLo.jpg

HqrTBzV.jpg

3vpWrrJ.jpg

GMsBowN.jpg

8IjWKiC.jpg

cYOSNUf.jpg

OH0iOa7.jpg

9ywglLZ.jpg

BvIfrFU.jpg

5qIb7fz.jpg

aRfrXCe.jpg

dMxvnuY.jpg

oaF5lTY.jpg

0NMbuCR.jpg

vxxu7UV.jpg

PMaS0rp.jpg

TEKvovo.jpg

All sealed up and ready for the next steps:
FHijMeW.jpg

Eastern Express BA-6

Awesome work! (y)

WW2 Model Maker! I always wondered what happened to that site. Perusing the pages there and drooling over everyone's builds is what got me back into the hobby.

Eastern Express BA-6

Hmm I think I have to go back and address the size of the cheeeps on the ammo racks - too out of scale for me.

Eastern Express BA-6

Okay with the Seehund and SG-122(A) completed it's back to the Bases with this project.

Raised section and foot print for the house set.
Oczbzkv.jpg

facade design:
p48Cl7u.jpg

Eastern Express BA-6

A not very exciting view of how this is progressing. I have finished the mock-up of the house and have now started to build up the roof - man there are some tricky compound angles here. Gingerbread is being done with a laser cutter by a friend of mine who is also doing the cad work for the windows.

House:
ZQHmsvd.jpg

Gw3qxd0.jpg

5HhiCY4.jpg

This is the window and gingerbread that the model is being based upon:
NnGna1S.jpg

Eastern Express BA-6

Is that the 3d rendering? 3D printer tech is really changing the hobby ain't it?

Eastern Express BA-6

Every time I see this thread title, I always think its for a Eastern Express airliner! :blink

Tim

Back