• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BA-64-3SKh Gobi Desert May 1947

JSteinman

Master at Arms
Ok happy campers, up next is a Vision models kit of the BA-64 with tracks and skis. This is a prototype vehicle, and as far as I know only two were built. If I can find some spare parts I will add an interesting twist.

XJoQJfP.jpg

BA-64-3SKh

Whoa, armored snowmobile! :laugh:

After seeing your last winter wonderland, looking forward to seeing where you go with this. :drinks

BA-64-3SKh

Okay some minimal progress and gripes. Kit isn't bad, but the track/running gear assembly is pretty lame, I am going to have to replace all the upper cross members with plastruct, then there is the missing engine, of which at least the oil pan and starter will be visible, and the bottom of the radiator as well. I have filled the LARGE location gaps for the fenders and the front duel spring detents on the frame.

xpUWqdM.jpg

6p7NURp.jpg

Sorry for the shitty iPhone photos, I shall do better when I figure out how to reset up my camera. It sat so long, that it lost all its settings...

BA-64-3SKh

I have decided to convert it to a personal carry type, so sans the turret. I will be adding a cover over the top, so I do not have to build an interior, or change the opening size.

The engine is a 6 cyl from an old Ital opel blitz that I cut down to 4 cyl, not exact, but close enough to be hidden.

The pics:

wJsGQWN.jpg

P4C4F0U.jpg

MY9zQUo.jpg

Back