• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Pz III Ausf J.

JSteinman

Master at Arms
One of my long time shelf queens is tank 556 of LAH II Abteilung Stab, with a partial (pretty extensive) interior. As I had some down time as I wait for 3D printed parts and the staining of wood base for the BA-64 to dry I thought why not work on this! This is a photo intensive display of ego, hold on!

PbxZ8Ro.jpg

fDnEOZv.jpg

tvdXSe4.jpg

BPJaP7r.jpg

NbkggJA.jpg

qcLfVly.jpg

CCtxiTJ.jpg

jpwh4QW.jpg

L4VdCKp.jpg

p5QqXCJ.jpg

47QCmnJ.jpg

8mf4VuF.jpg

ztPU5xj.jpg

tnRIL9W.jpg

1Y7nqei.jpg

L2wRAKa.jpg

HwpTMdl.jpg

0IolP3t.jpg

LsWgi3M.jpg

1tJkHs2.jpg

SrRj3WX.jpg

QaefhYA.jpg

jgNB2Gu.jpg

1RXsGAh.jpg

kNCvuWg.jpg

TcUGfyQ.jpg

JdZ1vRH.jpg

KWnXWZa.jpg

2iDGjOj.jpg

H9DSaRb.jpg

aShCdJX.jpg

XLRPnCt.jpg

rTmxBLH.jpg

S5gsAvO.jpg

1Ec8t4F.jpg

cZhmFCL.jpg

Y6j7V0V.jpg

JVGvh2C.jpg

Hi John,
I have a question for you. I really love the interior shade you have used- light green/ivory.
Can this also be used on stug 3's in 1944 or do I have to go the red primer line?

Advice on interior color for later Stug 3s please?
Ian.

Hi John,
I have a question for you. I really love the interior shade you have used- light green/ivory.
Can this also be used on stug 3's in 1944 or do I have to go the red primer line?

Advice on interior color for later Stug 3s please?
Ian.

Conflicting views on this. The best I can say is check this out and make your own deductions!

http://www.miniatures.de/camouflage-german-panzer-interior.html

Some more progress. The hull is pretty much completed, just some tiny details to add for the rear tow pintles to hold the S hook. Turret just needs lift hooks and door stops, and some more clean up on the mantlet.

Instead of PE tool clamps i chose to go with the dragon ones as they are fine as long as you thin out the handle.
S6s7ZHU.jpg

I added some spare tracks on the front and stowage on the rear. I have a chair, food basket, suitcase, jerry can, oil can, anti-freeze drum, cold weather starter hose, fry pan and a spare road wheel. I really don't like the chain, and I will add a tarp. Would you add or remove anything? Move things around?

P6WuifV.jpg

NCpquuk.jpg

s0VydaO.jpg

7DsS4wY.jpg

I like all the elements except the chain, can we exchange for some rope? The chair is a nice touch, I started to add an old radio and a framed picture to my StuG build, but saved them for later.

I agree about the chain. I may use wire instead. There is also a 50mm ammo box, that I forgot to mention.

From the photos I've looked at, I'm not certain stuff was tied off. Seems wire or rope would work well. Add the chains at the front instead of extra links? Wicker baskets are always a nice touch. :good:

Back