Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DML Pz III Ausf J.

DML Pz III Ausf J. 03 Oct 2019 10:15 #193

:rotf T, that sticker is priceless.

F*^& 'em John. Now if you were entering a beginner class, they would have a leg to stand on.

Congrats, that's bad ass. :drinks
  • helios
  • helios
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander
-Chris S.

On the bench:
1/48 Trumpeter RA-5C Vigilante (USN RVAH-6 USS Kitty Hawk) - Hippy Ed Tribute
1/72 Hasegawa Space Wolf SW-190 (Yuki Kei Special) - Galaxy Far Far Away
1/72 Fujimi RF-4E Phantom II (Luftwaffe RG 51)
1/24 Tamiya Opel Astra V8 DTM - Day At The Races

Last Edit: 03 Oct 2019 10:21 by helios.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DML Pz III Ausf J. 03 Oct 2019 10:41 #194

:rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf
  • JSteinman
  • JSteinman
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
  • alt
"Life is too short and the sun will go supernova someday, stop worrying about the s*** you cannot change."

-Me

"We don need no stinkin' badges"
Last Edit: 03 Oct 2019 10:41 by JSteinman.

DML Pz III Ausf J. 03 Oct 2019 10:42 #195

helios wrote:
:rotf T, that sticker is priceless.

F*^& 'em John. Now if you were entering a beginner class, they would have a leg to stand on.

Congrats, that's bad ass. :drinks

Oh no, they were entered correctly.
  • JSteinman
  • JSteinman
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
  • alt
"Life is too short and the sun will go supernova someday, stop worrying about the s*** you cannot change."

-Me

DML Pz III Ausf J. 03 Oct 2019 11:39 #196

JSteinman wrote:
Thanks all. :v

To tell the truth, I was really surprised as there was some really nice stuff on the table.

I also have been thinking that taking 2 of the best of's and then the best of the best of's and the grumbling from some of the attendees that I am a wringer and it is not fair for me to enter that maybe it's time to move to display only?

I mean I really go to shows once every six years or so, so it really isn't my driving force to model...

John,

It was that way back in the '70s and '80s. I don't think anything has changed! I retired from competition because I had a model business and I didn't want to compete with my customers, not because I was ready to concede. I loved competition because of the exact reasons you and Terry said! If I won, it inspired me to do even better the next time. If I lost, I would always look at what won and try to understand how I could improve so the results would be different the next time. Competition is a win-win scenario! I've always loved competition!

Hang in there Pal! Sometimes you just have to suffer those slings and arrows! If you get in their face like Pruneau and I used to, they'll end up banning you!

Bob

DML Pz III Ausf J. 03 Oct 2019 12:05 #197

bob letterman wrote:
JSteinman wrote:
Thanks all. :v

To tell the truth, I was really surprised as there was some really nice stuff on the table.

I also have been thinking that taking 2 of the best of's and then the best of the best of's and the grumbling from some of the attendees that I am a wringer and it is not fair for me to enter that maybe it's time to move to display only?

I mean I really go to shows once every six years or so, so it really isn't my driving force to model...

John,

It was that way back in the '70s and '80s. I don't think anything has changed! I retired from competition because I had a model business and I didn't want to compete with my customers, not because I was ready to concede. I loved competition because of the exact reasons you and Terry said! If I won, it inspired me to do even better the next time. If I lost, I would always look at what won and try to understand how I could improve so the results would be different the next time. Competition is a win-win scenario! I've always loved competition!

Hang in there Pal! Sometimes you just have to suffer those slings and arrows! If you get in their face like Pruneau and I used to, they'll end up banning you!

Bob

Excellent advice!
  • JSteinman
  • JSteinman
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
  • alt

-Me

DML Pz III Ausf J. 03 Oct 2019 19:51 #198

This guy was kind of a tool anyways John...still sour from his lack of progress at Nationals in Buffalo and you weren't there...he's still grinding that axe and happened to target you this time around...
  • Jeeves
  • Jeeves
  • Brigadier
    Brigadier
Mike

John 8:36
Big Daddy Modeler Blog
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds