• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A look to the past.

JSteinman

Master at Arms
As it was my birthday yesterday I thought a retrospective look at where I was in the hobby 32 years ago would be fun.

This little dio was heavily influenced by Verlinden, don't you think?

d0stDHG.jpg

Yeah, I am not so impressed with my figures and weathering skills, but it is a journey!

Happy Birthday!

While it may be rough in execution, it's impressive in constitution.

Happy belated Birthday! As to the dio, we all started someplace along that point. Looks like a nice little dio to me!

h4377776.JPG

Happy Birthday, mine was 2 wks ago. Nice dio even for a rookie at the time.I did this B-17 back in the mid 70's. I didn't fill any seams back then. I have since built another one. Gary S. :eek:ldguy

Might be fun to build it again...

I did, year before last, but never took any beauty shots of it. Plenty of build pics. Need to install the pitot tube and reinstall the broken off tail guns. It's in the "Bit O Lace", markings. Gary S.

Nice post John! and your dio is awesome. I have a couple of old builds that I want to redo someday as well, was just looking at the pictures the other day.

Thanks for sharing!
Mike

Happy belated Birthday John. Your dio is amazing; far better than I could do at the same time. It's always nice to look back on older models and see how far you've come.

I really like that Verlinden-esque diorama, John - Like you I remember those plaster (MDC ?) buildings and groundwork made from Cat-Litter, and waiting for the next 'Modelling the Verlinden Way' magazine... I still have a few of them !!

Ian.

Back