• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Your oldest shelf-queen

JSteinman

Master at Arms
As a corollary to my first kit topic, what is the oldest shelf-queen in your possession that you intend to finish, someday...

Mine is this Eastern Express BA-6. I started it in 2000 ish, come back to it twice, and yet it still languishes in storage...

FHijMeW.jpg

PMaS0rp.jpg

oaF5lTY.jpg

That's cool. I have an old Monogram 1/8th scale Big T kit I started in 1976, guess that's my oldest. My son and I were going to finish it back in the late 90's, it's still in the boxes. :unsure:

Ya know, I got tired of the mounting piles of unfinished stuff I had and had a purge earlier in the year. I tossed everything. It was sort of painful, but ultimately helpful, space is tight, I had moved on to figures and Sci-Fi, so any unfinished armor, including the BR-52 got 86'ed.

Of course I quickly amassed another pile of unfinished figure kits now, but I think the oldest I have on hand is the 1/350 Enterprise.

I really need to put blinders on.

The oldest started and unfinished kit I have is either the MPC Millennium Falcon or the old "Smoothie" AMT Enterprise from the Motion Picture. Both are horrid kits and should be 86ed especially since I have newer "MUCH BETTER" versions. Not sure where they are but will probably ditch them when found.
On the other hand I have 2 decent kits with problems that were not really feasible to fix and finish back when I started them in the '80s.

First is a Tamiya 1/6 scale BMW motorcycle and the exhaust pipes are supposed to be chrome and the chrome on them was crap. It got reboxed and put aside.

Second is an Entex 1/16 scale Buggati Royal that had some major body fit problems and also got boxed up.

A couple of weeks ago I came across a box marked "model". Having no idea what it was I opened it to be totally surprised to find my last project that I had started back in high school cira 1980...An American Super Sherman.

h4dc4491.jpg

he1cb5b8.jpg

I actually toying with the idea if trying to finish this one (y)

Back