• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

21st Pz Div Panzer I Ausf B vignette

JSteinman

Master at Arms
I am creating a separate thread for this vignette, so it doesn’t interfere with DAK with Doc.

Added some final texture and some precoloring with MiG Ammo ground texture. First time using these. Texture is good, color is too translucent.

h2a62ddc.jpeg

Is that one of those top secret stealth tanks parked there? :mpup

Looking good.

:drinks

Will you be telling us how you did the base (colours, pigments etc?) and giving some hints on best practices by any chance?
James

h345bd14.jpeg

hccf8746.jpeg

Will you be telling us how you did the base (colours, pigments etc?) and giving some hints on best practices by any chance?
James

Sure. It is pretty easy.

1. Celluclay base. I hate celluclay takes too long to dry, plus I think it contains gluten...
2. Kitty litter larger stones
3. Play sand small texture
4. Pumice fine texture
All held down with diluted Matt media
5. Precolor and final texture with AK or Vallejo etc textured paint in this case Arid Earth
6. Shadows with the airbrush and German grey paint
7. Sand tone with Vallejo desert sand in the airbrush.
8. Liberal coating of AK North African pigments applied wet with odorless thinner.
9. Added more large stones with kitty liter and Matt media
10. One more wet application pigments.
Detail paint stone work with Tamiya buff and deck tan 50/50, dark brown wash, same pigment and Vallejo US light grey dry brush.
11. Rust tone from Life color set, applied hap hazardously.
12. Foliage from Eastern European model railroad shop. (Polak)

That’s it!

Last edited:
Thanks for the 12-step program. I'll be following these here soon.
:v
oh and it looks super nice B)

Back