• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 scale Tamiya KW-II Leningrad

JSteinman

Master at Arms
This is a small side project I have been working on for awhile now, but I have been making progress lately! So far the water is finished; now have to add more vegetation at the waters edge, and some swamp types as well where the water is very shallow. I have also started to work on the figures, first up the defeated Russians. The standing one is wounded.

DSCN3280.JPG

DSCN3281.JPG

DSCN3282.JPG

DSCN3284.JPG

Didn't you start a WIP on the old board with this? Looks good, what do you use for the water?

I think I did, but that was awhile ago indeed! Water is envirotex tinted with tamiya clear acrylics.

That looks cool. But how do you see 1/48th? Just kidding, the water is pretty neat also.
James

Wow,

Fantastic deep mud effect and the water as well, very realistic.

And all in my favourite scale of 1:48 - what a winner!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for posting,

Cheers,

Jase.

Hi John.

That is a great job on the KW (KV :idonno). The ground work is fantastic. And I can hardly wait to see how the figures come out.

I really like those little 1/48th scale kits, no matter how much some people complain about them. In fact if I didn't have sooooooo much money invested in 1/35th scale, I would probably be doing nothing but the 1/48th stuff.

Gary B)

Thanks again.

Small update, I played some more with the Russian figs. Also some Alpine 1/48 Germans arrived today!

DSCN3289.JPG

I have finished the prep on 3 figs so far. Two modified from the ICM Soviet Air force ground crew set the other from Alpine.

figs5-15.jpg

This is the kneeling guys head - man these are small! Pics are 3x life size!

My3Heads.jpg

John,

Great work as usual!

What jumped out at me was the mud! I have to say that is extraordinary! Mud is not as easy to simulate as many believe it is. That looks absolutely real!

Very impressive!

Bob

KV-II dio progess

Finally, two figs at 90%. Figs are hard to do at 1:48 for these old eyes! I also have added more reeds.

08-20-2010a.jpg

08-20-2010b.jpg

That's fantastic John. It looks especially good against the grey background on the last two photo's. Great use of a small base.

Ant

Back