• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tamiya Tiger I of 502

JSteinman

Master at Arms
Hello campers up this time we have a Tamiya Tiger 1 Initial in 1/48 scale that I am going to back date to one of the tigers initially assigned to the s.PzAbt 502 in August of 1942, that fought around Leningrad during Dec-Feb of 1942-43. This will be a Dunklegrey with winter whitewash. Here are the parts I have accumulated for the project, just missing tracks for now, but I hear they are on the way!

DSCN3470.JPG

DSCN3467.JPG

You´re a really bad boy!!!

... please, POST your progress!! ... I´m really impatient to see your results in this Tiger after looking to your Pz II work ...

I will I Will, but this is a lunch time at work build only - so you will have to wait till Tuesday!

And we are off! I know it doesn't look like much, but what a pain to clean off all the molded on goodies, and fill all the location holes!

DSCN3528.JPG

Hey Glenn,

Just a couple of sites. Most of the SBS are here and TL. If it's 1/48 I will post some of it on Track48.

More Prep Work

As I will be crewing this baby with the super MIG winter Tiger crew set, all the hatches will be open, thus I need to darken the interior spaces. I keep a pre-mix of Tamiya XF-1 on hand for just such instances. This is a 1:1 dilution, paint to X-20A thinner. My gun of choice is the Iwata HP-A with a matched tip and needle. This is my work horse brush. I do also use a Iwata CM-SB with a matched head that I use for applying camo, but for this task the HP-A will do just fine.

Dscn3570.jpg

Nice looking Big (Little tank)... I want to know what job
you have that lets you bring your airbrush to work... I'm in the
wrong field... :silly: :laugh: :lol:
Keep the pictures coming.
Shawn

MP I am an Orthodontist and the boss, so...

More progress to show.

I added all the major plates except the rear, still working on the mufflers, and filled the gaps (not sanded yet) with Mr. Surfacer. Fit could be better here.

DSCN3571.JPG

DSCN3574.JPG

Oh yeah if you look closely you can see I added wire engine hatch handles too!

See what being the boss will get you? Nice looking build John, really going together quickly.

Back