• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tamiya Bug

JSteinman

Master at Arms
This is the Tamiya 1/48 Beatle with Hauler PE. I am painting it in the octopus theme cause I like it. It will also get a white wash and a small scene.

DSCN3643.JPG

DSCN3644.JPG

DSCN3645.JPG

DSCN3647.JPG

DSCN3649.JPG

DSCN3650.JPG

This is the last look at the Naked Cephalopod. I have finished off the interior, including replacing the clunky kit clear parts with thin acetate. I have just applied a layer of hair spray so I think you can guess what happens next!

QBS-HS.jpg

An application of white of course!

QBS-Frost.jpg

Since nothing last for ever, entropy must be obeyed.

QBS-Wear1.jpg

QBS-Wear2.jpg

I have added some MIG washes, color mapping and started to add pigments and some rust. The rust is very bright right now, but will be toned down, I promise.

DSCN3662.JPG

DSCN3665.JPG

DSCN3666.JPG

I have started the scene for it. It has to be small as the kit is tiny!

DSCN3671.JPG

DSCN3670.JPG

DSCN3677.JPG

I am making a transformer for the power pole just visible in the last picture:

DSCN3676.JPG

More progress. I have added snow to the road and front areas using Sno Coat from the Small Shop. I also have been working on the utility pole as well. I have used Mig weathering products and the Life color rust set.

8-9-10a.jpg

8-9-10pole.jpg

Thanks MP, more progress. I have done more to the pole and added a sign to set location and add color.

8-10web.jpg

Nice kit.

I really liked the camo you had!.............. Pity it's White washed!!! Still very interesting though and the worn out whitewash came out excellent!

Also the terrain and snow are spot on!

Regards
Noel

Thanks guys.

Here is a close up of the pole with most of the wires in place, still have to add the wires that feed the transformer.

Pole8-11-10.jpg

That's an interesting take on the wires. just sort of a snapshot in space...looks like you're having fun with this John, thanks for sharing this.

Thanks, yes this is kinda fun, just fooling round. This is one of the reasons I like this scale, size is more manageable for stuff like this.

The insanity continues: This is the epoxy putty base for the snow drifts on the fence side of the road, it will be much softer after the snocoat is applied.
I have attached my inspiration pics as well.

DSCN3706.JPG

DSCN3707.JPG

NWI1080.jpg

hidden_valley_snow_drift.jpg

Icicles are very easy. Take some clear stretched sprue, glue them in position, then mix up some gloss media with clear acrylic powder and just paint it over the sprue.

8-15a.jpg

More progress with the snow. I think I am pretty happy with it, so next I will add some ice to the frozen roadway. :blink

8-15b.jpg

8-15c.jpg

8-15d.jpg

Back