• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Voroshilov's Folly

JSteinman

Master at Arms
It seems I am cleaning off the shelf of in progress projects!

I have added the final touches to the reeds, and added some tonality and shine to the mud and tracks.
I also did a quick photo shop job that I am calling Evening on the Pripyt Swamp. Hope you like it!

Front.jpg
"

rear.jpg

reeds.jpg

Fig1.jpg

Fig2.jpg

Fig3.jpg

Fig4.jpg

Evening%20on%20the%20Pripyt%20MarshSM.jpg

- John

Excellent. That is a really crummy place to be (besides having a chat with the enemy). I've had to dig stuff out of the gumbo and I'd say yours looks very much as I remember. Very nice work.
James

Lovely work, John.

The only thing I'm not too fond of are the two Red Army tankers, the figures themselves, not your work. I find the details too soft, so they don't really 'pop'.

Apart from that, love the scene! The KV is stunnning, but I really like the water, churned soil, reed and long grass work. Wow!

Rudi :)

another lovely work john!

but sadly i noticed a fumble - the german tanker's rank, telling from the left collar tab is the nco rank of "oberscharführer" and the shoulder boards depict him as "untersturmführer"

so you either have to repaint the shoulderboards as nco with one star or add the third star to the left collar and paint the officer's collar tabs piping!

just trying to be constructive! :)

Thanks all,

Laura - I'm on it - thanks.

Erik - the cat tails are just the fibers from a rush broom, with volcanic pumice ash mixed with white glue painted on the tops - multiple times to build up the shape. The leafy parts are from JoAnn's fabrics floral section, just snip and glue!

Back