• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tiger II the King

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
It was at the mailbox waiting on me.

h962837e.jpg

Nice box, big box, deep.

h1185948.jpg

Top notch instruction book.

hf0b3d64.jpg

Copyright on the floor, hope it's covered up but I scraped it off anyway.

h8204f25.jpg

Interesting detail inside the drive housing for those who want to build something under maintenance or knocked out. There was another kit that had detail like this, guess it was one of the Bradley's. The locator pins were not well defined, a bit of play so watch out.

hc716a7c.jpg

Side wall built up, really nice looking detail in there. That heater core had no real locating pin, just a butt joint. Hope it's in the right location.

h1f1e09a.jpg

A bit of over engineering, all part M7 adds to M3 is a tab to insert to the slot.
h5bec67b.jpg

So off we go with an Ardennes Tiger. Not too beat up but dirty and muddy I think.

Quick question, I have British Crimson on hand, can that work for the red primer or am I ordering new paint?

Think I will get a good barrel for this.

So come on guys, get your KT on! :soldier :Hiay

Copyright 2045? Is it from the future?

You ain't kidding on the detail, that's a sweet sidewall.

I haven't thought about building armor in a while and the KT was my least favorite of all of them, but sheesh that looks like fun.

:popcorn

Great start. Looks like I'll be able to get some added interior details for my 1/48th Bandai KT. Gary

Pretty neat! I always tried to get the boss to put KTs in our WWII projects, but he went the pedestrian way with the iconic "Tiger Tank." Boo!

Here is one without zim.

Schwere_SS-Panzer-Abteilung_501.jpg

"The lead spearhead of "Kampfgruppe Peiper" initially moved into Stavelot on the morning of 18 December 1944, but by the early afternoon most of the unit had pushed on towards Trois-Ponts to the west.
Supporting the rear of the column were heavy tanks of Schwere SS-Panzer-Abteilung 501. Amongst them SS-Obersturmführer Jürgen Wessel sought to negotiate the narrow streets of the town which was still being defended by small units of American soldiers"
James

neat subject! I am wanting to build the Academy or maube the Tamiya later this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dhPW_ksFcM

Back