• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

360 Modena * * DONE * *

ij001

Made a decision:

h4fe4aca.jpg

So far just the basics - de-chromed the wheels and painted glossy black. De-chromed the turbos aswell and sprayed them AK Xtreme Metals' 'Duralumin'.

h3c5bef2.jpg

h03d6521.jpg

h57256e7.jpg

h7ec4448.jpg

h2fed545.jpg

Engine is built straight from the box and painted with Alclad 'White Aluminium' over glossy black. Body has been assembled, all the mould release seams rubbed-out and primed with Tamiya grey straight from the rattle-can. I've rubbed that back aswell with 1000 & 2000 grit sanding sponges.

hdd1db34.jpg

Lots more detail painting and construction to do before the 'fun stuff'. That said, my local Toyworld has run-out of Tamiya Fine White Primer so will be a while before the body gets moved to the 'paint shop'.

Stay Tuned.

Ian.

360 Modena

Ian, that Ferrari is looking great so far. I hope your supplier has a quick turn around and is able to get your paint for you. Are you going to fimish paint it in a Ferrari Red, or some other color? Nice work thus far.

Dave

360 Modena

Ian, that Ferrari is looking great so far. Are you going to fimish paint it in a Ferrari Red, or some other color?.

Dave

Thanks Dave... no definitely not red, not yellow either. Going to keep the final finish to m'self for the moment just in case it goes horribly wrong.

More progress photo's later today, please stay tuned folks.

Ian.

360 Modena

Progress from yesterday evening and today:

h4633cde.jpg

hfaa8798.jpg

hd127f29.jpg

hd648021.jpg

Still a fair distance to go.

Ian.

360 Modena

Finished the rolling chassis this afternoon after work:

h83c6b04.jpg

h120af5a.jpg

hb62544b.jpg

I've started spraying the bodyshell, but going to ask y'all to be patient as I'm using a 'pearl' and it takes a few coats to get its depth.

AFN

Ian.

360 Modena

Paint happened:

h85a3ede.jpg

heb0a8b7.jpg

All Tamiya rattle-cans - Fine white primer, Pure White, two coats of Pearl White topped with TS-13 Clear and left to cure for three days. Next I'll polish it all with Tamiya (yes again) three-part polish.

AFN, have a great weekend folks.

Ian.

360 Modena

I thought them Prancing Ponys only came in red... :evil:...White isn't easy...Nice Work
:v
PS: Can't wait for the F1 Season to start :dude

360 Modena

Tamiyas kit, built (more or less) right from the box - I did swap the tyres from the RoG La Ferrari which are the same size but a lower profile.

E06dZJm.jpg

8MKxucW.jpg

ck8cQyV.jpg

s0g2r3I.jpg

zo0meYM.jpg

r1EdYWk.jpg

LmDopwL.jpg

odR4Ogb.jpg

W1lt4he.jpg

f9jbAor.jpg

4ArfHjj.jpg

Paint is all Tamiya and all from rattle-cans - Grey Primer, then White Primer then Pure White and finally two light coats of Pearl White, all sealed in with two coats of TS-13 Clear. I used Tamiya three-part polish to bring-up the shine but due to my questionable photographic skills that doesn't show in the pics (d*mn*t). Interior is very dark grey and 'wine red' - my own mixes and I'm really pleased with the final look. Realised immediately after taking the photo's that I'd forgotten to put the exhaust tips on, so please don't mention my 'deliberate error' - as I type this they are now in-place !

Last word is the badges - self adhesive enamel that were sent to me by BNA Model World in an order from a couple of years ago 'just to try' - they're superb and I've no idea who the manufacturer is so when they're used-up that's probably it.

Thanks for taking the time to look and / or comment, have the rest of a great weekend all, best from NZ.

Ian.

Back